Fresh water tank

ChrisK5

Waste tank is 80 ltr, we must drink about 40ltr of the stuff because when one is full the other is empty.

Think me must start taking a few more bottles of budweiser etc.

I was more interested to see how much water other folk use, or dont use as the case may be !!!

ChrisK5 - 2011-01-25 9:53 PM Waste tank is 80 ltr, we must drink about 40ltr of the stuff because when one is full the other is empty. Think me must start taking a few more bottles of budweiser etc. I was more interested to see how much water other folk use, or dont use as the case may be !!!

In that case you must be loosing some water somewhere, Chris. Drinking 40litres a day = 10 litres per person, so how many times a day do you empty the Loo ??? IMMSMR it only holds 17 litres.

As Keith posted use the Site facilities, you're paying for them.

Just a thought, hope you are not on a Water meter at home (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Just got to thinking about our usage, and we dont actually drink much water at all. After tea/cofeee, its washing up and showers - the sites if at all possible (weve paid for it). The loo has a separate tank, so isnt an issue as itll go best part of a week - more if we are using site loos as well. I think the OP, or likely the kids, are using it as at home, and wasting too much.

Its easy done, as the first few outings in ours saw the mrs doing exactly the same with the washing up - thinking she'd a never-ending supply from somewhere. The 'supply' being me topping the bloody thing up every time it got low! I soon got her to see the error of her ways by insisting she helped me fill it!

ChrisK5 - 2011-01-25 9:53 PM Waste tank is 80 ltr, we must drink about 40ltr of the stuff because when one is full the other is empty. Think me must start taking a few more bottles of budweiser etc. I was more interested to see how much water other folk use, or dont use as the case may be !!!

If I understand you correctly, you are saying you put 100 litres of fresh water in, and 24 hours or so later, you have an empty fresh water tank only 60 litres on your waste tank.  So, yes 40 litres is going AWOL.  All water taken from the fresh water tank will go into either the waste tank, the toilet holding tank, be drunk, or leak.  40 litres is about 8 gallons, which is a phenomenal amount for four people to drink: two gallons, or 16 pints, each per day.  At that rate, do you fill the toilet waste tank, which will more or less hold 15 litres, more than once per day?  If not, I really think there must be leakage somewhere.  You need to find this, because if you don't it will rot the van floor and/or walls.

120 litre of water usage is some going in one day , but You have made me see the error,s of my way and how precious water is when out in the Motorhome, thats it from now on No water in my whisky.........Maybe only when I,m cleaning my teeth,

ChrisK5 - 2011-01-24 7:29 PM

I have a Swift Kontiki 669, it has a 120 litre fresh water tank ....

Or, for one reason or another, you are not actually getting 120 litres into it in the first place.

Have you tried filling it with a measured utensil, such as a 5 or 10 litre drinking water container, to see how much it really does hold?

If you can't get 120 litres in then have a look and see if it is visually full or if not whether you have a blocked breather or kinked filler pipe.

Keith.

Brian Kirby - 2011-01-26 4:33 PM ....................If I understand you correctly, you are saying you put 120 litres of fresh water in, and 24 hours or so later, you have an empty fresh water tank only 80 litres on your waste tank.  So, yes 40 litres is going AWOL.  All water taken from the fresh water tank will go into either the waste tank, the toilet holding tank, be drunk, or leak.  40 litres is about 8 gallons, which is a phenomenal amount for four people to drink: two gallons, or 16 pints, each per day.  At that rate, do you fill the toilet waste tank, which will more or less hold 15 litres, more than once per day?  If not, I really think there must be leakage somewhere.  You need to find this, because if you don't it will rot the van floor and/or walls.

Apologies.  Arithmetic corrected in above.  Same outcome, but wrong inputs.

Brian Kirby - 2011-01-26 6:41 PM
Brian Kirby - 2011-01-26 4:33 PM ....................If I understand you correctly, you are saying you put 120 litres of fresh water in, and 24 hours or so later, you have an empty fresh water tank only 80 litres on your waste tank.  So, yes 40 litres is going AWOL.  All water taken from the fresh water tank will go into either the waste tank, the toilet holding tank, be drunk, or leak.  40 litres is about 8 gallons, which is a phenomenal amount for four people to drink: two gallons, or 16 pints, each per day.  At that rate, do you fill the toilet waste tank, which will more or less hold 15 litres, more than once per day?  If not, I really think there must be leakage somewhere.  You need to find this, because if you don't it will rot the van floor and/or walls.

Apologies.  Arithmetic corrected in above.  Same outcome, but wrong inputs.

That thought did actually occur to me, you would assume that was installed as advertised by swift. No i haven't measured the volume of either tank but i do know that it takes 3no 40ltr aquarolls to fill fresh water tank.

Archived