VAN TAX RENEWAL

FRANKP60

HI Has anyone out there received the renewal notification for Van tax due by the end of month ,thought they came out earlier than this ,Post office have tax disc for start 1st April but cannot renew with out reminder.and of course its the budget next week Wednesday .Perhaps the tax is going down!!!!!.Did dream that last night . ,

FRANKP60 - 2011-03-14 11:29 AM

HI Has anyone out there received the renewal notification for Van tax due by the end of month ,thought they came out earlier than this ,Post office have tax disc for start 1st April but cannot renew with out reminder.and of course its the budget next week Wednesday .Perhaps the tax is going down!!!!!.Did dream that last night . ,

I had a car tax 'reminder' a week ago for tax due end of this month.

Might be an idea to give 'em a ring.

Hi Frank,

Our reminder came late last week (Thursday iirc) and I renewed on-line last night to save having to try and get to a Post Office.

Not sure why you haven't recieved one though.

It also included the note about 'continuous insurance' which seems like just another con to extract money from defenseless motorists. I'm sure those without insurance will all rush out and buy it because of this new ruling, NOT!

Sorry for going off topic, rant over.

Keith.

Keithl - 2011-03-14 12:25 PM

it also included the note about 'continuous insurance' which seems like just another con to extract money from defenseless motorists. I'm sure those without insurance will all rush out and buy it because of this new ruling, NOT!

Sorry for going off topic, rant over.

Keith.

I had the same thoughts about the continuous insurance. But, when you think about it - off road or not (sorn - which ours is at present), not to have insurance is bloody crazy. A 20K van round the back uninsured against break-in or fire etc?? Madness, when you think of the pittance you are 'saving'.

Archived