New arrival

Keithl

Hi folks,

I know there are a lot of dog lovers on here so I'd just like to introduce the newest member of our family. Please all say hello to Chewie our Chocolate Labrador puppy.

He's only 5 weeks old now so we can't collect him until the middle of April when he'll be 8 weeks. We've never had a dog in our family before (but several in close family) so it will all be a bit (well actually a lot) new to us!

If all goes well here is a photo of him for you to drool over...

Keith.

Edit. And thanks to Dave and Sue (and Troy!) for their help and advice.

1726701480_Chewie001a.jpg.3ddc047525903099f70b0bc4c36657c1.jpg

Guest Tracker

Well whatever life for was for you before - it has now ended - and a new life full of surprises, joy, exasperation and expense has begun!

Choc Labs are generally full of fun and friendliness but can be a real handful and can be difficult to train so be sure and start early - good luck!

Keith he looks fantastic, don't all puppies :-D many years ago my first dog was a Golden Lab, like you, got him from being a puppy. Once all innoculations had been received and it was safe for him to be out in Public I walked him frequently so that he would get to know his environment. I started the training very early, just a little each day, basic commands (with the rewards when he got it right). At 6 months he was fully trained and would walk, off the lead, on a pavement by a busy dual carriageway and he always stopped, without command, at each junction. So start early, a little bit each day.

Murphy, our last dog, died of cancer 2 years ago now and I have never had the urge to replace him until I saw the photo. However, OH saw it as well and before I could utter a word she said 'Don't even think about it', Ah well, enjoy (lol)

Thanks all for your comments.

To answer your questions and comments, we've got to wait 3 weeks until we can collect him so it will seem like an eternity but I'm sure when we've got him time will fly by.

He is actually the most gorgeous dark chocolate brown colour, unfortunately the photo was taken indoors with a camera phone and doesn't do him justice. We also met his mother and she too is a beautiful colour.

And finally, Yes Dave, I too hope he doesn't live up to his name!!!

Keith.

And just for Eric, his one brother and three sisters are still looking for good homes :D :D :D

Good luck with your new adition Keith :-D he is lovely, get a good book and read up ;-) thats what I did when I got my first dog a chihuahua when I was 50.

My youngest pup is 8 months now :$ and Im afraid I having a job training her not to bark at cars !! she is the first female Ive had my other 5 year old is a male and was much easier although he isnt as friendly with strangers as she is, I have yet to take her in the van to stay that is ! we have taken her out in it, so I have that piece of fun to look forward to (lol) never mind they keep us on our toes.

Tracker - 2011-03-21 9:21 PM

Well whatever life for was for you before - it has now ended - and a new life full of surprises, joy, exasperation and expense has begun!

... and puppy breath! :D

He's a good looking little chap ... I'm jeolous .... :$

Keithl - 2011-03-22 12:15 PM

And just for Eric, his one brother and three sisters are still looking for good homes :D :D :D

Oh Keith how could you? !!!! *-) Chewie looks gorgeous and I am currently talking hubbie into allowing a dog when we retire to France (hopefully 2 - 3 years max.) Lab or retriever would suit the bill as fairly isolated in France with plenty of room - temptation, temptation......... ;-)

Archived