Park and Ride Edinburgh question ?

AdriaWin

I remember seeing a post somewhere about height barriers recently installed on a P+R Edinburgh, but cant find it ( dare I say it could have been on another Forum !).

Does anyone know if Ingliston P+R has barriors and if not is it a regular bus service into centre ? Anyone used it ?

Please

There is no height barrier at the station at Musselburgh - with regular trains to the city (Edinnburgh) centre. There is also a park and ride (bus) on the north side (North Queensferry - Ferrytoll) and as far as I know there is not a height barrier there. Another "out of town" parking place would be South Qeensferrry - plenty of space and short walk to Dalmeny station. PM if you require further details.

Sheriffhall got the height barriers installed a few weeks ago after continuing problems with Jippos setting up camp. The west one you may be thinking about is Straiton, Loanhead. Didn't notice any installed there at weekend but they also had same problem. Ingliston is northern P & R but you couldn't stay overnight there like many did at Sheriffhall before barriers. Forby Musselburgh, there's another train P & R at New Craighall just off bypass at big shopping centre (B & Q Superstore etc ).

Gordon..

Archived