Autotrail Cheyenne bathroom light fitment - removal?

Solwaybuggier

We have a 52-reg Autotrail Cheyenne 635 - in the bathroom there are 2 ceiling lights, both small domes surrounded by a silver ring mounted on a wood panel.

Does anyone know how to remove the light covers? (they're our last 12v incandescent/halogen bulbs, and I'd like to switch to LEDs) I can't see any obvious way to remove them and am bothered that my usual method (brute force and ignorance!) might damage the fitment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

In case anyone else is wondering, I emailed Autotrail and got the following (very prompt) response:

"Hi,

I believe the surround should simply pull off, behind here you should find the screws. Like you say you will probably have to use brute force.

Regards

Steve Moverley

Development Manager"

You will probably need to use something like a putty knife or small paint scraper and get into the joint and spring it off, you can damage them if you are not carefull, they can be a tight fit but they do part. As you will be looking up it might be a good idea to use some light eye protection just in case it springs out and hits you.

Hi SolwayBuggier,

Sorry but I missed your earlier post :'(

I had to remove one of our bathroom lights as it had bits in it.

I used a trim removal tool like this Link and rested it on a piece of card to prevent marking the wood. I eased it off by working round and gently levering the cover off.

It was fairly simple really, but probably because I had a suitable tool :$

HTH,

Keith.

Archived