Windblocker Side And Front Panels

Frank McAuley

Hi Frank, We got ours from a show and they are ok, a lot lighter than a privacy room and they really do keep the wind out. There are pictures in the ads, and Lillypad Leisure have a web site. If you buy at a show he gives you the poles to support the sides, if you get mail order, its a trip to Tesco !

Hope you are both well

Roger

Are you referring to the Rainblocker and Sunblocker panels.....if so, we have the rainblockers/with window for the sides,but the sunblocker which goes across the front of the awning. We find this gives more flexibility than the previous van where we had the full zip-in Fiamma awning room.

We can use any one or all of them in whatever configuaration we need, which gives us a degree of

privacy if in close quarters with neighbours, and protection from wind/rain/sun accordingly

By using especially the side panels, it also gives greater stability in windy conditions, due both to the additional pole across the top and also the extra pegging of teh panels along the bottom. even if not using the panels, we tend to use the extra poles at each end of the awning, and find this reduces the concertina effect when a bit windy....although having had several Fiamma awnings, we do find greater stability and a stronger mechanism with the Omnistor one currently fitted to the Burstner...just a shame they didn't colour co-ordinate the product!!

We bought ours at a show in Stratford on Avon last year but have only tried them out twice so far. We were in Benidorm earlier in the year and the 2 motorhomes either side of us both had the windblocker shades with the tie down kit. The wind really blew and we were astonished that the shades did not blow away get ripped but they stayed secure and stable throughout 3 days of gales- this put my mind at rest about using them in windy conditions in future.

Bob

Hi Frank,

Seems you have all the information you requested about the Windblocker shades.

All we can add is to echo the positive comments already given by previous posters. One thing we do to ensure that the elastics at the bottom of the panels do not get torn off the panels is to thread something like a garden cane through several of them at once and then peg the cane down to the ground.

Lillipad have also developed a draught skirt which clips alongs the side of the MH. We have yet to get ours made to measure, but we do intend to visit the company soon to get this ordered.

I'm sure you will be delighted with the product - we are.

Regards,

John & Anne.

Thanks folks. Mind made-up- I shall be ordering a set o Mon.

Hello again Roger- your ID didn't register at first! Good to hear from you again and I hope all is well. Took your advice on relieving "management" and purchased the S7000 which I sall be endeavouring to use in Wales on Mon 16th.

Good luck and thanks one and all!

Archived