Autotrail Down Lighter Bulb Removal. (Old Style)

Cliffy

I would like change to LED bulbs in the down lighters over the beds in my 2004 Autotrail Tracker but I can't work out how to even get the existing bulbs out to start looking for suitable LEDs.

The front cover rotates about half a turn and becoimes reasonably slack but will not come away from the housing. I dont want to force it as I am sure it will be an easy job with a little know how.

The lamps are not the spotlight on a stalk that are fitted to the new models, they are just a cylindrical housing with an angled front which holds the lens/bulb.

Advice on the knack for getting the bulb out and what the replacement LED would be would save me damaging the lamp and also spending hours researching a replacement. for them

Thanks

All I can think of is you might have the type where a thin wire like circlip holds the glass in place. This is usually easy removed out of its slot and then glass can be removed (falls out). Then you get to the bulb. Just a suggestion as a possibility as I really do not know.

Hi Cliff,

I would imagine that your spotlights are the same as ours (also 2004) and if so they are not held in place by spring clips but require a small amount of brute force and a suitable lever to 'pop' the light off the base.

I used a 'trim removal tool' to remove one in ours to refit the lens when I pushed it in :$

You may want to use a piece of card or similar under the heel of the lever to prevent marking the woodwork.

Keith.

Archived