Seeking help

edstone75

Hi, We are looking after twins that are 2years old. We would like to continue in our motorhome. Any thoughts on sites that would be good or tips on taking toddlers away would be helpful. We have a Rollerteam 500. Our children are all older now (youngest is 14) We didn't have the van when our children were small. Advice on taking toddlers away would be appreciated!

As long as your vehic;le can accomodate the beds there should not be any major problems. After all what do 2 years olds really look for in life? Any park with a children's playgorund is going to keep them amused and the rest of the time they will be following you around and playing with toys around the van. They will go to bed fairly early and I suspect you will not be far behind them. Probably quieter sites will be better to get them to sleep. Mind you if it is winter time when you plan to do this, you may wish to stay at home.

But before you start thinking of beds, do you have designated travel seats suitable to take child seats?

As a word of warning a lot of MH seats are too soft to adequately support a child seat so it is best to check yours before you make any plans. I remember seeing an article in a magazine where the seat fell over sideways because the seat was too soft and the diagonal strap of the belt went 'the wrong way' ie the upper points where at the centre of a twin seat not the outside like in a car.

Sorry I can't offer more specific advice as our kids where grown up when we changed from a trailer tent to a MH but our kids used to love the freedom of camping from a very early age.

Keith.

Archived