30 mile run

kelly58

Keithl - 2012-01-29 12:35 PMSo book a site and get away for a few days then :-D

Would be nice  , but this time of year I help a mate out with some lorry driving on call so to speak and the money boosts the pension fund as well not getting the OAP pension untill November 2012, so every little helps.

Keithl - 2012-01-29 12:35 PM

So book a site and get away for a few days then :-D

Keith- in principal a good idea, but can be quite a struggle to find somewhere actually open.

We are currently in South Devon, found via MMM an excellent commecrical site (which we, personally, wouldn't go near in the season), and with discounts, are paying under £12 per night which included electrics and full shower etc facilities. Bus stop outside the site!

Last week we struggled to find anywhere open in the New Forest area, and again ended up at a similar commerical site, cost Sun-Thu £10 per night, Fri-Sat £15, again inc all facilities, and at that one, bar/pub, shop, pizza rest or takeway/pool/sports facilities, all included. Only downside there 2km walk to the nearest bus!

For both weeks, we have been out by bus every day, much better than driving and wondering if/where to part!

snail - 2012-01-29 5:46 PM

Hi there, if in south devon and going on south try looking up riverside at plymouth, good discounts in feb, advert also in mmm

happy travels

snail

yes have been there a couple oftimes over the years - very convenient location, but last time we were there (i think it was 2011) thought it had gone down and needed a good cleanup and updating. We are off mid week through Somerset and have managed to get a booking for Baltic Wharf Bristol for bext weekend...by calling the site driect, even though it showed full on the website!

Dr Dave - 2012-01-29 6:55 PM

Cant wait for the season to start.

Dave

Dave,

What's this about waiting for a season to start?

If you pick your timing with the weather there are some excellent opportunities for a few days away at this time of year.

We spent a weekend at the start of December and last weekend on a C&CC site only half an hour from home and had a great time.

Best advice we where given was to use the MH regularly and that is what we are doing :D

Keith.

Keithl - 2012-01-29 7:06 PM

Dr Dave - 2012-01-29 6:55 PM

Cant wait for the season to start.

Dave

Dave,

What's this about waiting for a season to start?

If you pick your timing with the weather there are some excellent opportunities for a few days away at this time of year.

We spent a weekend at the start of December and last weekend on a C&CC site only half an hour from home and had a great time.

Best advice we where given was to use the MH regularly and that is what we are doing :D

Keith.

Keith

I know exactly what you mean but i like to get all my important work commitments out of the way whilst the weather is cold.

We did go away in December to the Lincoln christmas market weekend meet that was good but i do miss getting out. So my season will start at the end of Feb when the wife has a week off. Yes i know that will be when the snow starts. :D

All The Best

Dave

Archived