Using MMM Forum on smart phone

bolero boy

No quite sure where this thread needs to be placed to get Moderator Attention but here goes..............

When browsing threads on a smart phone, obviously the screen is smaller.

Apart from just a text size perspective, moving through a long thread by jumping to a page number is (literally) hit or miss.

These page number buttons become so close together that a wrong page is almost inevitable.

Could these not be moved a bit farther apart or, possibly, introduce a 'next page' or 'previous page' button on the end/beginning of the page number graphics so that you always prod the same place to move forward a page.

Just a thought which should be a piece of cake to implement ;-)

A lot of forums are developing Apps now. Using an App is much better as the software is on the phone so its not loading pages all the time and using bandwidth (very important when abroad or on a slow connection). Also its designed for the phone so there is no scrolling around. It just all fits. Dont know whos in charge here but an App is the way to go.

The wild camping forum has just released one and its great. Facts has a couple I think but only a mobile version (not an app) for reading the site. Its good though as its just B&W text so very fast and low bandwidth. I used it all summer when away last year.

Reading forums using the standard pages or any indepth website on a smart phone is rubbish for more than just a quick search.

For sure if MMM had an App I would use it. That way I could post more when away. (perhaps thats a bad thing though? :-D )

Archived