Brownhills R they going Total! I ask

potjoe

Looking on some of the motor home sites as you do and need to get a new motor home now may be RV,I see alot of there stock on others motor home dealer Webb site are they on there way out I ask my self,do you no ? As they only have two now. There site only as Auto trail for sale.

Not sure I understand either.

I assume what you mean is that there are now only 2 branches of Brownhills - correct.

But their website certainly has more than Autotrail for sale, just done a search for Hymer and it came up with 14 of them, so don't quite understand what you mean, neither do I understand what you mean by "I see alot of there stock on others motor home dealer Webb site".

I've looked at quite a few motorhome dealers' websites too, but can't say I've seen the exact same stock advertised on any of them.

Ina.

flicka - 2012-03-05 9:37 PM

Has Fiona / Alf / Plumbersvan created yet another forum identity *-) ;-) >:-)

No unfortunately not Flicka.

Potjoe's real name is John, he has been a forum member for four and a half years and has posted an email address against his user profile so I doubt it very much.

Could be Fiona's brother though :D :D :D

(Sorry John, no offence intended but hope you have read Plumbersvan's threads).

Keith.

....the comment about seeing their stock on other dealers webpages may well refer to the fact that a number of dealers (Fullers, Edgehill, etc) appear to have managed to "liberate" the previously unshipped stock of RHD Hymers that were allegedly originally destined for Brownhills, but got caught up in the commercial shenanigans, and the ultimate loss of sole dealer status.

John (potjoe) evidently bought a motorhome from Brownhills (Newark) in mid-2011, so it's understandable that he would be concerned about the company's trading status.

I'm not aware of any evidence (or even credible speculation) that Brownhills are currently fnancially 'shaky'.

(I don't understand the "Auto trail" reference either. Brownhills' website claims that they market Auto-Sleepers, Auto-Trail, Bessacarr, CI, Elddis, Hymer, Rapido, Swift and Tribute motorhome brands.)

Being A previous Customer, Swindon 2010, Even though originally well treated, I would no longer 'Touch them with a Bargepole'.

NO continuation of service. Branch closed without notice. Nearest Brownhills now over 200 miles away. >:-( Ray

Keithl - 2012-03-05 9:42 PM

flicka - 2012-03-05 9:37 PM

Has Fiona / Alf / Plumbersvan created yet another forum identity *-) ;-) >:-)

No unfortunately not Flicka.

Potjoe's real name is John, he has been a forum member for four and a half years and has posted an email address against his user profile so I doubt it very much.

Could be Fiona's brother though :D :D :D

(Sorry John, no offence intended but hope you have read Plumbersvan's threads).

Keith.

No offence taken, Keith.

It was just that the style & spelling of the post, immediately put Fiona / Alf / Plumbersvan's name into my warped mind. >:-)

Rayjsj - 2012-03-06 6:23 PM

Being A previous Customer, Swindon 2010, Even though originally well treated, I would no longer 'Touch them with a Bargepole'.

NO continuation of service. Branch closed without notice. Nearest Brownhills now over 200 miles away. >:-( Ray

Ah I see you had our service also.

Sell sell sell ... no aftercare 8-) only got theirselves to blame.

Hi, All yes it is John and yes from Telford and yes have pics of stock at Travelworld that are also on Brownhills Webb site and thinking "Y" are they now selling Brownhills stock!

Sorry if it didn't look right. It's me now an age thing. John or Potjoe

Archived