Adding personal details

Merle

Guest peter
The photo has to be below a certain size or it won't upload. I'm not sure offhand what it is, but I'm sure somebody will know.

Guest Tracker

And the lower the size the easier it is - try reducing the photo about 30 kb and see how you get on.

Meanwhile we await with bated breath!

Merle - 2012-04-22 8:50 PM

Bas, I found that and added a signature but I am obviously doing something wrong when it comes to photo etc, Dave

Merle,

Most of us have added details of our MH under the 'Location' tab in the control panel, that is why they show up to the left of the post in the margin.

As for adding a photo the only way I found was to save a photo on a publicly available site, eg Flickr, and then paste a link to it, it's URL', in the 'Profile Image URL' box. My image is 144 pixel wide by 188 pixel high if that helps.

The comments about image size seem to apply to posting a photo in a thread rather than in your profile. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Keith.

I've been able to add my profile picture by using the "upload a profile image" function but i used your tip and kept the image 144 pixel wide and it seems to have done the trick. So it looks like you don;t necessarily have to upload a photo to another site and link the to the URL.

Cheers

Archived