tom tom

snail

Hi Guys, my tomtom xl, doesn't have the option to load lats and longs, from the start screen i don't have the navigate to button, apparently some didn't have the software to do it?

does anybody know if i can download the neccessary to make this possible? been on their website but no help at all

to make sure you understand me, i dont want to load aires etc onto it, don't have enough memory, but i want to be able to input lats and longs, only have option to load postcodes, which as you know not alot of use in europe

thanks snail

snail - 2012-06-25 12:51 PM

my tomtom xl, doesn't have the option to load lats and longs,

Snail,

You summed it up in your first line.

TT's with the new 2 button welcome screen will not accept input of lat and Long :-(

Keith (and Yes, Ive got one!).

Edit. To answer the rest of your question, I am not aware of any software 'fix' to enable a Lat/Long input function. Sorry, time to buy a new SatNav :-(

Are u sure you don't have enough available memory for POINT files for Aires etc?

I have an old Tomtom One V3 but have many extra point files.

This would seem the best way to be able to accurately find sites, Aires etc.

There will be many point files preliadwd into your device which you could remove and then add Lois for CC sites etc.

Other than that you will have to accept its limitations.

I have a strong suspicion that Tom tom have done a software fix for this.

You will need to ask their tech support people but I am sure that I read somewhere that there is an update.

It wasn't just the XL but a lot of the models as well and the new software fixes them all.

A satnav without co ordinates is like a dog without teeth, useless!

H

hallii - 2012-06-25 9:17 PM

You will need to ask their tech support people but I am sure that I read somewhere that there is an update.

It wasn't just the XL but a lot of the models as well and the new software fixes them all.

H

My apologies Snail,

I've just checked my TT XL (approx 18 months old) as I updated the maps and software a few days ago and Hallii is right, TT have fixed it :-D

I now have the ability to input Lat and Long, Yippee!

So anyone with a TT with the 'Simple Menu' 2 button welcome screen try updating your software on TT Home and see what happens.

Thanks Hallii!

Keith.

I bought a Tomtom XL last year and couldn't find the Lat/Long facility, as a result of which I had my old Tomtom One repaired as it did have.

Now, I dont know how this happened, whether the XL was updated while online to Tomtom, or had I looked in the wrong place but low and behold I now have Lat/Long. It is on the second screen of 'navigate to'.

I am sure I went all through the screens when I first bought the unit and indeed spoke to Halfords who told me it wasn't on that model and I should have bought a more expensive model! Was I the recipient of a secret update?

Keithl - 2012-06-25 9:49 PM

hallii - 2012-06-25 9:17 PM

H

My apologies Snail,

I've just checked my TT XL (approx 18 months old) as I updated the maps and software a few days ago and Hallii is right, TT have fixed it :-D

I now have the ability to input Lat and Long, Yippee!

So anyone with a TT with the 'Simple Menu' 2 button welcome screen try updating your software on TT Home and see what happens.

Thanks Hallii!

Keith.

I also updated my xL last week and have just checked after seeing your post and at last I can get L/L on it

well chuffed

Archived