Cheshire Showground

Suda

Does anyone have news regarding state of Cheshire Showground? Long haul up for us and many others so don't want to be turned away because we have not pre booked. This has already happened to people this season.

Just passed Silverstone camping fields........need I say more.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I live about 25 miles north of the show ground and it`s not looking good.

The weather up here last week was terrible and i`ve heard that Warners

have contacted people up this way to see what the conditions are like.

08:30am monday morning and it`s raining here now.

I`ll let this thread know each day what it`s like if you want ?

COME ON WARNERS don`t leave it till the last minute, some people

travel a long way to see your shows !!

Regards.

This week end hasnt been bad if the showground was wet then Saturday and Sunday could have dried things out. It is raining this morning though sun forcast this afternoon locally. Rain is forecast through the week till Sunday

I am not getting at Lancashire Wooie when I say Real Lancashire, My birth certificate says I was born in Lancashire before politicians started messing around with counties - I still consider I live in S.Lancs - Warrington

The Exhibition Team beat me to the forum I was going to post and say there hasnt been any heavy rain today and they posted on Facebook and part posted on Twitter. If it stays like this there should be no problems at Tabley

Hi folks,

the rest on Monday was very nice indeed, very warm, sunny and no rain at all.

Tuesday 08:30am, raining very hard here, it did only start this morning at about

07:00am but it is now very very wet.

Just seen the local forecast ( Granada News ) and it is not very good, but we all

know how accurate they can be.....so lets hope they`ve got it wrong.....lol

Perhaps " roger s " can come in on this because he lives a lot closer to the

showground that i do.

p.s. I wasn`t " having a go " Roger and it was meant to be a bit of fun.

I`m very sorry for any miss-understanding.

Regards.

Graham.

Guest JudgeMental
Gadder Abouterer - 2012-07-10 10:21 AM

I feel a bit blank also Gadder, but welcome to the forum anyway! :-D

I just wonder if anyone bothers to look at a weather forecast before going anywhere

No need.  I can tell you now it will be heavy showers.  Been the past 3 cheshire shows and needed boots for every one.  If you wait for the weather in Britain you'll never do anything except sit at home and look out of the window!  Get some good weatherproof gear and get out there, you're a long time dead (as my Dad used to tell me GRHS).

Guest pelmetman

This going to shows puzzles me :-S...........We've been to Earls Court once and Peterborough last year..........so that's 2 in 20 odd years :D...........

Is it just for retail therapy?.......... :-S

We used to live in Cheshire and they stole it from us and gaveit to Warrington and Widnes. They then put in a made up County of Merseyside and then dismantled it 10 years later,ironically our postcode is still Cheshire.

Any way weather wise it has been dull with sunny intervals and sporadice but heavy rain,used to be called cloudbursts years ago. I spoke to my friend who farms a few miles from the showground who says ground conditions are fair but tractors and vehicle movement can make a real mess.

pelmetman - 2012-07-10 12:41 PM

This going to shows puzzles me :-S...........We've been to Earls Court once and Peterborough last year..........so that's 2 in 20 odd years :D...........

:-S

All depends what your interests are.

If it was a pelmet show, you'd be queuing the night before !

;-)

Guest JudgeMental
yeti - 2012-07-10 1:00 PM

We used to live in Cheshire and they stole it from us and gaveit to Warrington and Widnes. They then put in a made up County of Merseyside and then dismantled it 10 years later,ironically our postcode is still Cheshire.

Any way weather wise it has been dull with sunny intervals and sporadice but heavy rain,used to be called cloudbursts years ago. I spoke to my friend who farms a few miles from the showground who says ground conditions are fair but tractors and vehicle movement can make a real mess.

And to top it all temps dropping to 15 deg from thursday and that is in the south :-D

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2012-07-10 1:04 PM

All depends what your interests are.

If it was a pelmet show, you'd be queuing the night before !

;-)

You gotta be kidding Malc 8-).................I've only ever been to one trade show in nearly 30 years..........turned out it was all about nitworking...............I don't nitwork ;-)

So today the Met Office is forecasting light showers all day Friday, the odd light shower Saturday and overcast but dry on Sunday, with - wait for it - sunny intervals!

That's good enough for me - we'll be there with a smile on our faces and free sweets for all the hearty souls coming to enjoy the show!

I mean, it's not like they've ever got the weather wrong, is it?

Steve

Guest Tracker
That settles it then - it's obviously well worth doing 270 mile round trip for a free sweetie - never mind the rain wind and mud!!

Tracker - 2012-07-11 10:48 AM

That settles it then - it's obviously well worth doing 270 mile round trip for a free sweetie - never mind the rain wind and mud!!

Excellent - you know it makes sense...

Mint humbug or the ever popular chocolate lime?

And I forgot to mention - Alvin Stardust? Yes, THE Alvin Stardust! I mean, come on! Who wouldn't drive a measly coupla hundred miles to see this rock god perform?

Steve :-D

btw 380 mile round trip for us

Guest Tracker

That settles it then - it's obviously not worth paying anything to see Alvin Stardust - if fact he should be paying us to watch him - so perhaps we'll just stay at home and go fishin' instead after all!

You really cannot be serious given the way that the entertainment tents are always cold and draughty!!

roger s - 2012-07-11 12:03 PMThe roads and rally areas are like a swamp - if you dont have to come I would advise against it. Been stuck for half and hour and not on the rally area yet

In that case would the organisers advise just when they will make a decision as to the state of the ground and whether the show is to go ahead?  A 'yea or nay' would be welcome rather than everyone having to decide if it's worth travelling with the chance of being turned away at the gate.

Archived