Marine Parade, Dover

alan

Hi All

We're off on our hols in the next couple of days, a jaunt around Portugal (with a bit of luck). We normally overnight on the Marine Parade in Dover (a very comfortable place). We've been told at various times there is a small pub near to the Marine Parade that serves good pub grub but as yet haven't been able to find it (only the Mariner's Yard). Has anybody got the name of this pub and its exact location please? - postcode would be absolutely ideal! Thanks in anticipation.....

Alan :->

alan - 2012-07-15 4:43 PM

Hi All

We're off on our hols in the next couple of days, a jaunt around Portugal (with a bit of luck). We normally overnight on the Marine Parade in Dover (a very comfortable place).

If you normally overnight there then you will know you need to be off there before 8am otherwise you will get slapped with a ticket from one of Dover's over zealous 'parkies'!

I parked up there a few years ago and woke up to one hell of a storm lashing down.....but it hadn't stopped a 'parkie' slapping a ticket on my screen, despite being the only vehicle along the entire length of the Parade.

Guest Tracker

Each to their own, but we find it much easier far more pleasant and cheaper to catch an evening or late night ferry, get a good night's kip on an Aire well away from the port and all it's noise and set off on a long haul fresh and relaxed first thing in the morning?

Simples!!

Tracker - 2012-07-15 9:17 PM

Each to their own, but we find it much easier far more pleasant and cheaper to catch an evening or late night ferry, get a good night's kip on an Aire well away from the port and all it's noise and set off on a long haul fresh and relaxed first thing in the morning?

Simples!!

Luckily I no longer need to overnight at Dover as I now stop at my sons in south London, but if I had to overnight in Dover then i'd go to one of the many back streets off the town. Free parking as long as you like (if you choose the right streets), and very quiet too.

Marine Parade is rich pickings for Dover's 'parkies'.

ang on gents!! its nowt to do with tickets an fish an chip shops!!!!! an early morning starts!!! they want to know the pubs name! simples!! un fortuanatly i dont know it :-(

and if i did i would tell em!!

have a good hols and safe journeys

jon

B-)

Hi All

Thanks, folks for all your replies. We normally make a fairly early start around about 6.30am and manage to miss the zealous parkies. I think we'll go to the Mariner's Yard again - good food and good ale, but we were just looking for an alternative that was not too far to walk.

I think, next year, we'll try Tracker's method of getting an early evening boat and staying overnight on an aiires.

Silverback - Jon - liked your reply, thanks we will have a good holiday and, hopefully, safe - unfortunately only going for 9 weeks! If it's raining you'll hear us crying from Portugal.

Alan

Guest Peter James

Some of the streets behind Marine Parade give you a bit longer - 1hour restriction starting at 8.30 so you have till 9.30.

But I prefer Folkestone. No more ferries from there so lots of quiet streets to park. Deal/Ramsgate/Margate is OK too

Archived