Watford - M1 Area

Caroline

Hi Caroline

There used to be a campsite (possibly CC) at Hemel Hempstead first round about as you come of the M1

I am not sure if it is still open. Can you be more specific as to area, as we lived in that area for 30+ years, so may be able to think of some

Pauline

We are travelling from here to Junction 19 M25 then down to Stanmore on the A41 A5 Junction then back up to the M1 heading North to Alton Towers.

A stop in the area of J19 M25 would mean we could leave here late evening and miss the trafic we have an apointment the next day at 10am just outside Stanmore.

I have looked on the C&CC website but the nearest i can see is beaconsfield, the Caravan Club has a site at Denham but we are not members and it could work out expensive, a pub would be ideal.

any help gratefully recieved.

Keithl - 2012-09-04 9:41 PM

Hi Caroline,

Have you tried using the sitefinder here on OAL?

There is a link under the dropdown 'Motorhomes'.

Keith.

PS I can recommend a small site near Alton Towers if you need one. Some friends of ours run Lower Micklin Touring park, details here... Link.

Thanks Lower Micklin is where we are staying.

Caroline - 2012-09-04 9:50 PM

Keithl - 2012-09-04 9:41 PM

Hi Caroline,

Have you tried using the sitefinder here on OAL?

There is a link under the dropdown 'Motorhomes'.

Keith.

PS I can recommend a small site near Alton Towers if you need one. Some friends of ours run Lower Micklin Touring park, details here... Link.

Thanks Lower Micklin is where we are staying.

Caroline,

When you get there mention you 'know' me through this forum and the OAL website as I got them listed on the sitefinder here (assuming you found them on here of course :-) ).

Keith.

PS We're holding an ATOC rally there at the end of October if you fancy joining us then!

Hi Caroline,

I actually work within Scratchwood Service area, and have to agree people find exit & entry a bit confusing, with the odd coach nearly going the wrong way down the motorway.

The services are literally a stones throw away from Stanmore but unfortunately to get there legally you have to take a bit of a long route.

Andy

Thanks Andy, I have been looking at the map, we will have a car on a trailer so the services will do just fine to get the car off I can find my way with the help of SatNag, we can then catch up with the motorhome at the next services up.

Carefull planning me thinks.. :->

Thanks all, we are going to the service station it is just what we need. Thanks for all your help..

Keith the rally you are running was mentioned at coffee morning this morning at Shepton Mallet, hope you get a good turn out, bit far to go again so soon. >:-(

Archived