Beef Burgers

Dr Dave

I'm shocked. We once had some burgers from Iceland. From the way they tasted I was convinced they were made from recycled cardboard and contained no meat at all.

We don't often have burgers but when we do they come from our local butcher made from British beef. Only problem is he seems to think the bigger they are the better. Our younger grandchildren can only manage half a burger each and the wife and I find it a struggle to get through a whole one.

One gets what one pays for no doubt and we are lucky enough to afford the best but I do feel sorry for those on a very tight budget who have to buy the economy ranges.

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2013-01-18 7:33 PM

One gets what one pays for no doubt and we are lucky enough to afford the best but I do feel sorry for those on a very tight budget who have to buy the economy ranges.

Trouble is they don't know how to cook *-)...............I make my own burgers for pence ;-)

I really hope they launch a steward's inquiry into the Tesco horse meat scandal. We must find out hoof to blame.
A woman has been taken to hospital after eating horse meat burgers. Her condition is said to be stable.
I expect this only relates to those mini-burgers you have as snacks. You know, the horse d'oeuvre s.

I get all my horse meat from an independent dodgy butcher. Are you in favour of Horse meat in your burgers? Yay or Neigh?

So horse meat has been found in Tesco Products but a spokesman says It's all b*****ks.

I had a tesco burger and now I'm feeling a little horse.

Those Aldi horse burgers were nice, but I prefer My Lidl Pony.

"Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?"

There was an old woman who swallowed a horse, she'd been to Tesco, of course.

Good thing about these horse puns is it's stopped all the sick Jimmy Saddle jokes.

Guest Peter James

On a more serious note, I did wonder why its Tesco, as usual, that is taking all the blame.

The burgers concerned came from a foreign supplier, foreign owned Aldi, Asda, & Lidl, also been selling them, and the others have taken theirs off the shelves.

It does seem to be a peculiarly British thing to knock the most successful British companies?

(Like they did with British Leyland / Rover :-( )

Peter James - 2013-01-19 11:32 AM

On a more serious note, I did wonder why its Tesco, as usual, that is taking all the blame.

Whilst it is true that other retailers such as Aldi, Lidl and Iceland burgers have been found to contain traces of horse meat, the Tesco burgers analysed contained 28% horse meat.

You can hardly call it "Tesco taking the blame", they were the worst offenders (so far discovered), therefore deserve the larger proportion of the backlash.

pelmetman - 2013-01-18 8:12 PM

Colin Leake - 2013-01-18 7:33 PM

Trouble is they don't know how to cook *-)...............I make my own burgers for pence ;-)

You must be of the same generation as us then. Mind you we have given up darning socks!

Guest Peter James
donna miller - 2013-01-19 2:52 PM

Peter James - 2013-01-19 11:32 AM

Whilst it is true that other retailers such as Aldi, Lidl and Iceland burgers have been found to contain traces of horse meat, the Tesco burgers analysed contained 28% horse meat.

You can hardly call it "Tesco taking the blame", they were the worst offenders (so far discovered), therefore deserve the larger proportion of the backlash.

There's a video on Youtube where a couple of jokers went into a Tesco dressed as a pantomine horse and got thrown out

Archived