Flat battery on Fiat Ducato 2010.

Ros

Hi,

I would like some help on a flat battery problem? We have a Chausson flash S2 with a flat battery. It is parked on the street outside the house (Central London) I had a look at the battery with the view of taking it out and charging it indoors. However, it has a lot of wiring attached and I am a bit worried that the electrics to the tracking etc. will go haywire!!! The other idea I had was to connect an outdoor cable through the sunroof and charge it in situ. Is it against the law to actually attempt this as the cable will be way over head (from up-stairs window). Also will charging it this way damage the battery. I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks, I did think about doing it that way, But I was a bit worried as we are on a main road!! But I will set it up tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed thad no one messes with the cable. Thanks for that advice. Will keep in touch.

Ros - 2013-01-27 5:40 PM

Hi,

I would like some help on a flat battery problem? We have a Chausson flash S2 with a flat battery. It is parked on the street outside the house (Central London) I had a look at the battery with the view of taking it out and charging it indoors. However, it has a lot of wiring attached and I am a bit worried that the electrics to the tracking etc. will go haywire!!! The other idea I had was to connect an outdoor cable through the sunroof and charge it in situ. Is it against the law to actually attempt this as the cable will be way over head (from up-stairs window). Also will charging it this way damage the battery. I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Hi there,

I think i would keep it " Way Overhead ( from up-stairs window ) " as you say and i would

definitely NOT run a cable across the Footpath as the van is parked on the street as you say.

The way society is these days " Where There`s Blame There`s A Claim " you`ll always get

one that will manage to Trip Over It even if it`s got " Warning Signs and Neon Lights Flashing " !

Hi,

In the end we took the battery out to charge it and was successful. However, we have just put the battery back in the van and the alarm would not stop going off , no matter which button we pressed on the key fobs. We have now had to disconnect it to shut the alarm off. Will that mean we will have to get it all reset again?

Thanks.

I am glad you did not try to run a wire from the upstairs room. Definitely would have attracted a lightening strike and then you would really have got your battery charged.

Overhead would have been the easiest way and it does not need a lot of charge to be able to start engine and then alternator would have given a good boost.

Ros - 2013-01-31 5:12 PM

Hi,

In the end we took the battery out to charge it and was successful. However, we have just put the battery back in the van and the alarm would not stop going off , no matter which button we pressed on the key fobs. We have now had to disconnect it to shut the alarm off. Will that mean we will have to get it all reset again?

Thanks.

Hi

My last m/h was an auto trail and I had battery charging problems and had to remove the battery to recharge several times. I was assured by my local fiat garage that if I did disconnect the computer etc would all reboot and so it proved. Certainly no alarm problems.

Is your alarm the standard fiat alarm. If so you could starting the van and see if that reboots it all.

Good luck

Peter

We also have a 2010 Flash S2, and thankfully haven't had any problems.... so far!

However, I think I'm right in saying that if you plug in the EHU, you will only charge the leisure battery, but not the cab battery. That is if you have the standard set up. Believe you can install a bit of kit to facilitate charging both from the mains, but don't believe it's fitted as standard. Whereas, on our previous van, a Rapido, plugged in the EHU and both batteries charged.

Mike

On going Saga !!!!! Re. Flat battery.

We attached the leads and turned the ignition key, and guess what??? The alarm stopped but the the van won't start! , to start it normally, we press the open button on the key fob and then it starts O.K. but now nothing. Will we have to get someone out to sort the electronics out?

Ros.

EUREKA!

Got out of the van and tried to lock it with the alarm fob but it would not work! Locked it and unlocked with the key fob which worked (So far so good!) However, the van still would not start!!! . To cut along story short, Tried again , this time pressing the fob key twice to open and it started first time!!!

Battery is full, ( Won't let it go flat ever again) My heart is full, and I want to thank all of you for your help and advice.

Ros.

Archived