SOG toilet systems, any good?

BGD

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brambles - 2013-05-09 10:10 AM

I am going to introduce another problem .... Would SOG work for me..I think not.

From what you've said, only experimentation with toilet chemicals has solved the cassette-emptying problem posed by by your son. I don't know how unusual your son's capability is (my neigbour once mentioned to me that his grandson was a 'big log' producer and had been known to cause domestic-toilet blockages when visiting him), but it's probably reasonably uncommon.

If it's accepted that the main purpose of a cassette ventilation system is (as BGD says) to prevent odours (be they 'toilet' odours or the smell of the toilet chemicals) from entering the motorhome's living area, then a SOG system would work for you.

However, as you've got cassette-emptying difficulties, you'l have to continue adding chemicals to aid solid-waste decomposition irrespective of a SOG being installed. If odours don't enter your motorhome's toilet-compartment when the toilet is used, or the odours don't concern you, then (ignoring any environmental issues) there would appear to be little point in you fitting a SOG.

Guest JudgeMental
Brambles - 2013-05-09 11:48 AM

Judge, have emailed said picture to you as requested.

p.s. Would you like the video as well? Maybe you could post it on youtube for me as you know about these things.

No dear boy not moi....probably one of the anally obsessive on here. Is this the urchin?

pooh.jpg.c793c769b4f97b237ecd4f78b0287f79.jpg

Brambles - 2013-05-09 10:10 AM

I am going to introduce another problem here not so far mentioned and probably is not applicable to most. I have a teenage son, so what you will say, but he must have an &r$e the size of a medieval cannon and his ability to produce the most largest and toughest logs is unbelievable. Thetford blue is no match for these, nor is green. I have found Camping Gaz blu a little effective at breaking down the contents of the loo, but cheap leisure products blue marketed often under dealer's own names on their shelves is remarkably good at decomposing the contents to the point I can actually pour the contents out. Any other method so far results in frustrating rinsing and violent shaking of the cassete to break down the contents. Our toilet at home often gets blocked, it is all my son's fault, but he carries his ability to have such devastating affects on such things with pride.

Would SOG work for me..I think not.

Doubt if even the sog would break this type of heinous deposit down IMO a more mechanical means is required either up the cannon barrel itself or for use in the cassette after the deposit is made the image shows a suitable device (use with care or you could trap your fingers) :D

Hand-Mixer.gif.557a40a140d4f3487982a3c4c8cdcdae.gif

Guest JudgeMental
Brambles - 2013-05-09 3:52 PM

Ever wished you had not posted something? I do. LOL.

When Elvis died on the toilet his bowels were full of a continual solid mass....Being a poor country boy he still loved really unhealthy fatty foods and had a black southern cook who used to prepare squirrel and the like for him.. I suggest you Google it and show it to the boy :-S

" In 1995 a BBC Arena programmer estimated Elvis’s daily intake at 94,000 calories a day. For comparison, the typical diet of an adult Asian elephant contains 50,000 calories a day." *-)

Archived