1st cut of the grass

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Been back 2 days got the grass cut already B-)................going to start chitting my Charlottes next :D

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-03-03 6:43 PM

First cut off the grass , I thought it was some drug related thread .

Sorry Antony ;-)...............you must be confusing this thread, with one of my previous threads about hormone treatment for lawns...........an easy mistake to make ;-)...............

Do you have a preferred fescue? :D.......personally I like something that will take a close crop, so not to much rye grass in my mix B-)

pelmetman - 2013-03-03 7:09 PM

Sorry Antony ;-)...............you must be confusing this thread, with one of my previous threads about hormone treatment for lawns...........an easy mistake to make ;-)...............

Do you have a preferred fescue? :D.......personally I like something that will take a close crop, so not to much rye grass in my mix B-)

Personally Dave I like concrete , no cutting , simples

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-03-03 7:18 PM

Ah....... there you go Antony ;-).............I guess you've led a unsheltered life up there on them roofs :D..........but surely you must of seen a few well mow'n lawn from your lofty heights? :-S............but there is a surprising amount of enjoyment to be gained from a well managed sward B-) ..............although I confess getting a straight stripe can become obsessive 8-).............as I spent yesterday doing it across and then up and down........but I wasn't happy with my up and down so did it again *-)

pelmetman - 2013-03-03 7:31 PM

Ah....... there you go Antony ;-).............I guess you've led a unsheltered life up there on them roofs :D..........but surely you must of seen a few well mow'n lawn from your lofty heights? :-S............but there is a surprising amount of enjoyment to be gained from a well managed sward B-) ..............although I confess getting a straight stripe can become obsessive 8-).............as I spent yesterday doing it across and then up and down........but I wasn't happy with my up and down so did it again *-)

Dave your wasting valuable drinking time beggering about wi stripes n lines n all that up and down lark Concrete or tarmac hardwearing and looks good , just look at the M62

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-03-03 7:56 PM

pelmetman - 2013-03-03 7:31 PM

Dave your wasting valuable drinking time beggering about wi stripes n lines n all that up and down lark Concrete or tarmac hardwearing and looks good , just look at the M62

Yeah looked at the M62 ;-)..................There's you and Malcom at one end at Scary Spice at the other 8-).............I'll stick to my grass :D

pelmetman - 2013-03-03 8:04 PM

Yeah looked at the M62 ;-)..................There's you and Malcom at one end at Scary Spice at the other 8-).............I'll stick to my grass :D

You called???? >:-)

Hubby cut our grass about 10 days ago and it was surprising how much he was able to take off - it nearly half-filled our green waste bin.

Wish we could get some grass that the dogs didn't 'mark' quite so much - any suggestions?

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2013-03-03 9:15 PM

pelmetman - 2013-03-03 8:04 PM

You called???? >:-)

Dam...............caught in the middle again *-)

Wish we could get some grass that the dogs didn't 'mark' quite so much - any suggestions?

Yes Mel, You need 'Dog Rocks' !

You drop them in the dogs drinking water and hey presto no more burnt lawn!

I wouldn't have believed it but have been using them for about 18 months and we can always tell when they need changing as burnt patches start to appear.

Here is a link... Link to Dog Rocks.

Trust me they do work!

Keith.

Keithl - 2013-03-03 11:21 PM

Yes Mel, You need 'Dog Rocks' !

You drop them in the dogs drinking water and hey presto no more burnt lawn!

I wouldn't have believed it but have been using them for about 18 months and we can always tell when they need changing as burnt patches start to appear.

Here is a link... Link to Dog Rocks.

Trust me they do work!

Keith.

Nappies .

I've had to cut our grass twice this year already but I also cut the moss that passes for lawns of our immediate neighbour who can't do it for himself. So far this year I've not had to cut his moss and from a distance it does look nice and green! Even in the summer it still seems to remain quite green.

Archiesgrandad - 2013-03-04 9:16 PM

The lawn at AGD Towers is undergoing the slow process of changing from grass to moss, and I am quite content with that, but I am fascinated with the way the area about 2 metres radius of the bird feeding station is closely cropped and has no moss.

AGD

Birds have picked your moss to feather their nests.

At this time of the year the phone starts ringing with old customers saying hope I am still on your books and you haven't forgotten me? and its also the time when the time wasters phone up, I went to see one guy yesterday to give him a price for cutting his grass, I quoted £20, a not out of the way price, he said how much???? I had a Polish guy do it for £7 last year. So I said and where is he this year? no gardener worth his salt lets a good job go, he took you to the end of the season and dropped you.

Archived