Mumford & Sons.

BGD

Everybody............Please do yourselves a huge favour.

If you've not yet heard of the English folk/rock band called Mumford & Sons, just sit down quietly, click on the link below, and enjoy watching one of the very best new bands on the planet.

Then watch them again.

And again and again and again.

Awesome original music and poetic lyrics, written and played by really gifted musicians with true passion.

Just wonderful stuff.

JudgeMental - 2013-03-09 7:47 PM

new? *-) yo need to get out more Bruce ( :-D ) My son like em moi not so impressed....

I know Eddie..........................those four dodgy young people, using electricity, growing beards, being able to write their own music, all their own melodies and choral arrangements, and all those complex lyrics, and actually being able to play several instruments.

Without backing musicians, huge fat producers, and key-correction software?

It's just not cricket.

Mornin'

I certainly don't dislike their music(..I seem to recall catching them a couple of years back,in a field somewhere)but as with many bands that've got a break,there are loads of other,very similar(some equally talented and yet unheard of) bands around...

The "acoustic tents" at UK summer festivals are awash with these currently "cool'n'trendy", moleskin/corduroy slacks & Grandad-shirt wearing "fake-folk" bands.... (lol)

...it doesn't stop 'em from being good though. Good luck to 'em! ;-)

..let's just hope that some of the mainstream music media (and money and backing!) gets directed to some of these similarly,talented artists,instead of thrown at the manufactured "X Factor,Lady GaGarbage" trash..! *-)

I would not have picked it out, but my daughter gave me "Muse" - The 2nd Law is quite listenable to.

For those of a certain age which were partial to Queen, Deep Purple in concert and War of the Worlds genre, it is quite an unusual mixture.

Rgds

(From someone who thinks that nothing good has been produced since the Rolling Stones (Bless'm all)

It's all a matter of taste. I saw Mumford and Sons a few years back, in the days when folk festivals could still afford to book them and thought they were ok but a bit bland. My eldest son, however, is hooked on them. It would be a boring world if we were all attracted to the same things.

Guest 1footinthegrave

I think the acid test is will a group, artist, band, still be getting air play in 50 years time, most of them will fade into obscurity, and some extremely talented musicians we never get to hear about like these, how original and yet I have only just discovered them, if you want quirky and original, together with a laugh, check out the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dNSKV8158o

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-03-11 12:09 PM

I think the acid test is will a group, artist, band, still be getting air play in 50 years time, most of them will fade into obscurity, and some extremely talented musicians we never get to hear about like these, how original and yet I have only just discovered them, if you want quirky and original, together with a laugh, check out the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain here.

Micheal Jackson gets..........Uked :D

Seen them live three times - absolutely brilliant! But since you like them, I may have to revise that opinion (lol) (lol) (lol)

PS have you heard them do the Sex Pistol's Anarchy in the UK? Bloody marvellous.

John 47 - 2013-03-11 3:39 PM

Seen them live three times - absolutely brilliant! But since you like them, I may have to revise that opinion (lol) (lol) (lol)

PS have you heard them do the Sex Pistol's Anarchy in the UK? Bloody marvellous.

John , I like to agree with you on most things but nobody does Pistols songs like the Pistols . 35 / 36 years since Never Mind the B.......ks and it sounds as good today as back then .

Guest 1footinthegrave

Well I do tar them all with the same brush,

entertainers. ;-)

Love their version of Shaft, priceless, as well as the Sex pistols number ;-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-03-15 2:05 PM

entertainers. ;-)

The last time I saw them I was sitting next to a Muslim - he liked them too (lol)

Guest 1footinthegrave
John 47 - 2013-03-15 2:50 PM

entertainers. ;-)

The last time I saw them I was sitting next to a Muslim - he liked them too (lol)

I wonder if that was the Muslim that was a former Police support officer convicted today of planning terrorism offences >:-)

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-03-15 6:06 PM

I wonder if that was the Muslim that was a former Police support officer convicted today of planning terrorism offences >:-)

You don't mean they're planning attacks on Ukulele players ???? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)..........

John 47 - 2013-03-15 2:50 PM

entertainers. ;-)

Strangely, no (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest 1footinthegrave
pelmetman - 2013-03-15 6:17 PM

You don't mean they're planning attacks on Ukulele players ???? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)..........

Nah it's OK just John47s attempt at humour. But a bit worrying a former British born Muslim UK PSO has been convicted of terrorism though, and there was me thinking I might have overestimated the threat from within. I'm sure they all love us really,they're just misguided.

1footinthegrave - 2013-03-15 6:29 PM

Nah it's OK just John47s attempt at humour. But a bit worrying a former British born Muslim UK PSO has been convicted of terrorism though, and there was me thinking I might have overestimated the threat from within. I'm sure they all love us really,they're just misguided.

Good grief - it is the end of civilisation as we know it. One out of millions is found to be guilty. I know that I, for one, won't sleep tonight! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest 1footinthegrave
John 47 - 2013-03-15 7:02 PM

Good grief - it is the end of civilisation as we know it. One out of millions is found to be guilty. I know that I, for one, won't sleep tonight! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Wasn't aware we had millions of PCO's , just as well this latest lot were caught though, and just another in the long line of home grown Islamic nutters intending for ordinary people just like you to sleep permanently, Mmmmm, >:-(

Pity the white bloke they recruited didn't see it as the religion of peace either.

1footinthegrave - 2013-03-15 8:24 PM

John 47 - 2013-03-15 7:02 PM

Wasn't aware we had millions of PCO's , just as well this latest lot were caught though, and just another in the long line of home grown Islamic nutters intending for ordinary people just like you to sleep permanently, Mmmmm, >:-(

Pity the white bloke they recruited didn't see it as the religion of peace either.

This forum just wouldn't be the same without your paranoia (lol)

Guest Peter James

Only time I recall seeing the name 'Mumford' is on the back of lorries.:$

(Mumfords of Billinghay made tarpaulins and stenciled their name on them. I think they have closed now, but you still see their name on some vintage lorries tarps)

A folk version of a pistols classic ................ sorry but thats just not right, and no I havent played it as a matter of principal.

I like some folk "Fairport convention" for one (saw them live somewere early 80s they were excellent.)

And I like some punk, but not together :-D

Punk was one of those things that belonged to a certain era and deserves to be remebered by those of us that were there in a certain way. Not brought back to life :-S

Archived