Motorhome valuation

thomsonjr

Guest JudgeMental
its nor exactly rocket science...just look around and see what they are advertised at...unless its unique. in which case you could do with giving us some information. And for heavens sake if you want to maximise the value stay away from agents.....

We got a quote from company wanting to buy motor home's ridiculous figure quote ,then loads of calls after keep clear of them.Do as Judge says have a good look round at dealers ,then take off there profit.Look at what others are trying to get privately.

Guest peter
Have a word with pelmetman. He's looking for a new van as his is falling to bits. I think he's got a budget of about £2k. :D

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2013-03-15 10:53 PM

Have a word with pelmetman. He's looking for a new van as his is falling to bits. I think he's got a budget of about £2k. :D

Very funny Peter ;-)................I'm just interested in how many good value older campers are still out there, and continuing to provide a sterling service like Horace B-)..........and contrary to the propaganda spread that older vehicles are unreliable *-) ...........I reckon they're just as reliable as new vehicles "IF" regularly maintained ;-)

Not to mention they're a dam site cheaper to repair and maintain :D

thomsonjr - 2013-03-14 6:36 PM

Might be selling but don't know what value to put on my motorhome. Any advice or anyone know of any web sites which value motorhomes for sale (like webuyanycar.com)

Gleber

Stay away from the likes of webuyanycar.com. When white van man hit my stationary car and wrote it off, I put my reg into the webuyanycar.com website. (I didn't tell 'em about the incident of course).

They said it was worth £2850. My insurance company settled on £4500 with no haggling.

peter - 2013-03-15 11:53 PM

Peter - How did that post help the OP, or add anything positive or of value to this thread?

Had our Tracker valued at a dealers this week he looked in glass' s guide and saifd berween £11000 & £13000 against a £60000 Savanna.

I know I could get in excess of £18500 in a private sale.

I don't think I could part with it anyway it does all we want it to and mor we are sat by a lake in the snowy Lake District snug and warm and watching satelite TV.

Archived