Snooper RC200 Pro Reversing Camera - Any good?

Matrix Meanderer

I am currently using a Snooper S6000 GPS which has worked very well to date.

However I am looking to upgrade it to a Snooper S6400 so that I can use it with a new Snooper reversing camera such as the RC200, thus using one bit of kit for two purposes.

Has anyone fitted a Snooper reversing camera system to a Snooper S6400 or 7000?

If so - what is the performance like?

Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian

The Snooper RC200 is a dual lens camera - one to act as a reversing camera, the other to act as a rearward looking camera.

Most people like to have the image from the rearward camera permanently displayed, to simulate your rearview mirror. That is not possible in conjunction with the Satnav functions.

The Snooper S6400 has only 1 AV input so you also need a switching box to change between the 2 cameras.

So you have 3 functions but only the means to use one at any one time. Hence not many people like this setup. Most people prefer a separate monitor for rearward facing cameras.

The RC200 is a good quality camera. I am pretty sure I know the which factory in China produces the products. Snooper do charge a hefty premium for the camera. Lots of places sell the same camera at a lower cost.

Although it can be tricky to know if 2 cameras that look identical on the outside are the same inside.

There are manufacturers in China who make generic cases. Different electronic companies then put their bits and pieces inside these casings.

Thanks AliB for your helpful comments.

Good point about having the camera on whilst driving. I certainly don't want to be continually switching view whilst on the move.

The Matrix has no rear window and has a pre-wired route from the back to near the rear mirror mount.

Maybe best plan is to use the mirror mount for the screen and attach a good quality camera at the back using the pre-wired arrangement.

Any suggestions for best camera?

There are lots of suppliers, I have found "ReversingcameraUK.com" which looks a pretty good site.

Ian

Matrix Meanderer - 2013-03-21 5:40 PM

Any suggestions for best camera?

There are lots of suppliers, I have found "ReversingcameraUK.com" which looks a pretty good site.

Ian

Ian,

Have a look at AliB's User Profile ;-)

Keith.

Archived