Ventura Caravan Ckub Sat Nav

gdf

Dave, I have downloaded new maps for my snooper 6000, which I think is similar to yours, it was a performance! Once on they have worked very well, and I like the addition of Camper Stop data base. When you downloaded the new files they were saved onto somewhere on your hard drive, if you use the search facility in windows you should be able to find them. Then reload them onto your sat nav. using the map downloader programme you also should have downloaded.

Good luck, by the way I'm using XP Pro might not be same for windows 7, 8.

Thanks for the reply Iain.

Downloading the maps was indeed a performance - and one I'm not sure I want to repeat!

The problems seemed to start after that - the installer program began to install, then stopped responding, then started again with a much longer estimate of time to transfer to Device. When it finished the sat nav will just show a Snooper screen and won't respond to touch.

I have searched the hard drive, by looking in every directory, and can find nothing that seems to be related to either Ventura or Snooper or Performance Products and all the map downloader program says is that the device is up to date.

Dave

Hi Iain

thanks again - I never expected he data to be in Program Files.

The device is 1 week old having been bought at the Harrowgate show and this was the first free upgrade to bring maps up to date.

Dave

Hi. I have been having problems with my Ventura after a new map SD card was supplied, then told a new map download was required. After lenghthy discussions with Performance Products they have admitted there is a problem with the sd card and replaced only to find that the maps are still not 100% as I am being warned of bends where there are junctions and the warning of bends are too previous, I still have further to travel before reaching the bend, yet the sat nav is saying 'NOW'. They now are away to consider the matter as it excepted there is a software issue.

Should I hear further I will up-date

If your map version is now eu-P2000H2H1016X then you’ve done the update

I would not have thought that it would need an upgrade after only a week! I have to agree with Phillip about the use of the word NOW, when it is not NOW. but I have got used to it NOW! I have also noticed a couple of times in France that it says occasionally take the next junction on the right, when its not the next junction on motorways you have to read the exit number/road number going onto and take that. But all in all still find it a good bit of kit. Like all sat/navs needs to be used with some common sense. Our favorite phrase when the bitch is speaking (satnav) is "We dont think so"

Regards

Iain Strachan - 2013-03-30 10:55 AM

I would not have thought that it would need an upgrade after only a week!

All the more reason it WOULD need an update! You don't know how long it's sat on a shelf waiting to be sold.

TomTom offer a free map update within 30 days of purchase to ensure you start with the latest version.

Keith.

My thanks to those of you who responded with helpful suggestions.

Although bought at the show it was bought from Capital Stores who I spoke to on Tuesday. They said to contact Performance Products and if faulty it would be replaced. Although I know the Sale of Goods Act says it is the seller's responsibility to contact the manufacterer for the sake of progress I rang Performance Products.

It seems as if the download was not successful (I knew that) and they are sending out a disc with the maps on it. BUT I was told that just because I was told 'Update Available' when I put the Serial Number into the web site it doesn't mean one was needed and so I shouldn't have downloaded anything. As the site now says 'Map up to date' I'm a bit puzzled about what they said as I can't see why I wouldn't want to download an upgrade to the map when I have free updates.

Dave

Archived