Your next UK destination?

Andrew MMM

Land's End!

I have to shamefully admit that I have never been there before. :-D

I am really curious to see the rough landscape and enjoy the view on the sea. Since our car is being repaired at the moment we needed to rent a car, but already booked one for the weekend, so the trip is safe. :)

Orbi - 2013-06-18 8:45 AM

Land's End!

I am really curious to see the rough landscape and enjoy the view on the sea. Since our car is being repaired at the moment we needed to rent a car, but already booked one for the weekend, so the trip is safe. :)

Don't bother! It's nothing more than a glorified theme park and will cost you a small fortune!

Instead park up at Sennen Cove (a couple of miles North) and walk back along the coast path and experience the true Atlantic Coast.

Keith.

Keithl - 2013-06-18 6:27 PM

Orbi - 2013-06-18 8:45 AM

Land's End!

Don't bother! It's nothing more than a glorified theme park and will cost you a small fortune!

Instead park up at Sennen Cove (a couple of miles North) and walk back along the coast path and experience the true Atlantic Coast.

Keith.

Thanks for the tip! It's very much appreciated :)

Okay, we did the trip last weekend and like Keith said, Land's End itself wasn't that great.

Apart from the fact that it is such a special place in geographic terms there is really nothing that stands out. Also very touristic and therefore quite expensive as well. We went to Seven Cone afterwards and enjoyed the place and the walk much more since it was waaay less crowded. Still, I am happy to finally have been to Land's End, and with a car rental from sixt it was a piece of cake to get there.

Next on the list is Dartmoor, but that will probably have to wait for some months...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

We haven't taken our holidays in the UK since having a motorhome, unless we're going to friends or relations where we can park up on their premises.  This is because it is such a gamble whether large vehicle parking will be available in the places that we would choose to visit.  Having spent the past few years in fruitless discussions with various councillors and MP/MEPs about the subject with no result except frustration and headaches, we have now decided that if we wish to visit our home country we must take a car with us (A-frame being fitted next month).  So next year we will probably take the ferry to Ireland, travel up through Ireland and then ferry to Scotland, then after touring Scotland for a while return home through England/Wales (further research needed).

This year we 'did' our usual spring trip to France AKA MH heaven, and plan to go to Spain for an extended holiday in the winter.  We've seen a little of the UK this year but mostly from being at the MMM rallies which we like very much, both for the company and the opportunity to visit nearby towns.  Why don't sites in UK provide overnight, low cost, basic facility ie, WC/grey waste disposal, on firm ground for a reasonable fee and most importantly without the need to book?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going up to the Lake District next week staying in Coniston. Not been up the Lakes much in the last few years but spent many a night years back wild camping even in places like the middle of Keswick, not much chance of that now.

We don't have many trips in the UK as France,Spain etc is much cheaper and we are better looked after in a motorhome I'm sorry to say. >:-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived