Cookies

JamesFrance

I've pm'ed admin about this, not getting it on this pute which is running win7 and chrome, getting it on old pute running XP and chrome it's almost transparrent and you can just see a 'close box' button in btm right corner. On my phone running sybian it is relatively annoyingly large and no button to close it.

Thanks for the feedback.

The "pop-up" (at the bottom of the screen) has been created to ensure all our users are aware of our cookie policy, but clearly we have a few issues with the way it's displaying (primarily for people who use the site regularly).

The reason for this is your browser will have stored a copy of the 'stylesheet' (ie the file that determines how the site looks) and won't automatically reload it from the server every time you visit a page, to ensure the site loads as quickly as possible.

We've made a change this morning which will hopefully ensure the message appears the way it was originally intended. Fingers crossed! :-)

There is no change for me using Firefox 20.0.

There is an inch high strip at the bottom of all the pages and no way to close it.

The bottom line reads

You can update your settings by clicking the Cookie Policy link which can be found any time at the bottom of

Presumably there should be something below that maybe including a button to enable closure of the window.

It is the same with or without the Firefox Add-on Bar.

Edit: OK I found the problem, I have the site zoomed in to increase the size of the letters as I view from some distance without reading glasses. The closure button was not showing and was the reason for the cut off of the text.

Thanks for letting us know what was causing it for you, James.

We've now moved the location of the "close" button to underneath the text, so anyone who has the site zoomed in will still be able to close the message!

Hi Roger, whilst we're all 'chatting' ... is there any chance of having a master Forum link on the main menu bar above, rather than having to go through each 'area' menu to find the one specific to our interest?? We used to have this facility many moons ago, but it disappeared with some of the site 'improvements'. :-D

Mel B - 2013-04-11 7:23 PM

Hi Roger, whilst we're all 'chatting' ... is there any chance of having a master Forum link on the main menu bar above, rather than having to go through each 'area' menu to find the one specific to our interest?? We used to have this facility many moons ago, but it disappeared with some of the site 'improvements'. :-D

I'll second that request please.

I did ask when the new format was rolled out but it never happened then, perhaps it will now :-D

Keith.

Update.

On this pute running XP and chrome the cookie notification hasen't reapeared, but guess it will when I do a clear out.

On phone running Symbian the 'close message' button now appears so can close it, but it keeps appearing whenever a page is loaded which is annoying, this site is not very mobile friendly at best of times.

p.s. I checked my spelling of Symbian from my earlier post, that was an education ;-)

Archived