campervan tyres

bedro

Vehicle is a 3.5 ton Peugeot Boxer Executive van. Reckon we've done about 6000 miles since new Goodyear Cargo 195/70R 15C tyres in 2008. Tyres 'look' OK, but due to leave for a month in Germany in May, and not sure about real condition of tyres. Change all four? Front pair only? Rely on Tyre company to inspect and advise?

Picked up Peter Rosenthal's suggestion of Hankook RA-08 (RA-18?), from camskill.co.uk but suspect job of carrying and getting fitted 4 tyres a bit beyond me. Locals depots have them for about £90 apiece. Local National Tyre have Barum tyres at £320 for set of four. Anybody know the Barum tyres? Any form, as they say?

Guest Peter James
bedro - 2013-04-18 3:48 PM

Rely on Tyre company to inspect and advise?

(Warren Buffet)

Never ask a Barber if you need a haircut

If they are legal I would keep them. If they are not I would replace them

If they look OK then why are you considering changing them?

I ran our Continentals to 9 years old before changing them and then sold them as part worn!

Agreed, get a reputable tyre dealer to give them a look over but if they say OK then carry on and use them.

Keith.

Thanks for the speedy responses. Think I know a dependable dealer who was OK in the past. And the original tyres lasted 7 years, Maybe the long winter froze a part of me brain. Keep up the good work, chaps.

bedro

Archived