Oven Heat

Thurlestone

Despite all my ramblings last light, it was late, I agree Derek. It may just be the hot air works its way up to even above the drawer and collects. Maybe a vent slot at back of work top would suffice rather than an external one, or indeed maybe some gap created at the top of the drawer front to let collected warm air escape. As you say we do not know what is below the drawer and above the oven.

The snag with providing extra venting into the motorhome's interior is that, while hot air leaving the vent could be an asset in cold weather, it won't be in warm weather.

If David were only planning to use his oven for a few minutes of toast-grilling, the above might not matter. However, for the metal utensils in the cutlery-drawer to become so hot suggests the oven is in operation for quite a long time.

• 5 years later...

Hi Thurlestone

lv 1 of these an 06, with the oven that over heats so lv insulated with plasterboard over the top of the oven, as Iv just replaced the drawer, well what was left of it, also l have an electric issue, lights jumping out with a loud clinking, like to hear how your getting on

martin

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Martin.

The discussion you’ve posted to ran out of steam in May 2013 and Thurlestone’s most recent forum logon was on 1 August 2018. You might get lucky in getting a reply from him, but don’t be too disappointed if you don’t.

As you have an electical fault with the oven - in addition to the heat issue - I suggest you ask for advice by posting to the “Motorhome Matters” forum.

• 5 months later...

hi Martintotravel,

I know a little while has passed but I've just seen this thread re oven overheating the draw box on our Knaus 350 ti. we have this model on a 2006 , massively pleased with the motorhome but have the similar drawer box issue and ours is on its last legs.. you mentioned you replaced yours... how? was it a spares purchase or did you make something. Our drawer front is fine just the plastic tray is cracking ..

any advice greatly received.. regs Adam&Donna

Adam&Donna - 2019-09-10 5:27 PM

hi Martintotravel,

I know a little while has passed but I've just seen this thread re oven overheating the draw box on our Knaus 350 ti. we have this model on a 2006 , massively pleased with the motorhome but have the similar drawer box issue and ours is on its last legs.. you mentioned you replaced yours... how? was it a spares purchase or did you make something. Our drawer front is fine just the plastic tray is cracking ..

any advice greatly received.. regs Adam&Donna

Adam and Donna,

The original post in this thread was 2013 and 'Martintotravel' who you have directed your enquiry to has only ever made one post to the forum and their their last login was 2019-03-09 9:25 PM so I doubt you will get a reply.

Try posting a new thread on 'Motorhome Matters' as this gets more visitors and ask your question afresh there.

Keith.

Archived