Help! Thetford fridge problem

Mickydripin

I had similar problem a few weeks ago, blue flashing light and not working, plugged the lead into another outlet but on the same bollard and it worked fine. I think its down to low voltage casued by bad connections somewere.

hallii - 2014-06-05 4:19 PM

My Thetford would not run on mains on a French campsite, blue flashing light every time I tried.

It turned out that the mains was reversed. It worked fine at the next campsite.

H

PS I still can't find the interior light reed switch and Thetford haven't replied to my email.

Oh joy! The fridge light fairies have woken up and are now turning my light onand off like they should.

Mrs H had quite a squeeze fitting into the frdge to check it was going out.

I just hope the fairies don't go on strike again, I think it is likely.

H

• 4 months later...
I had a problem with the fridge when it would not work after it had a couple dissconnections and reconnections from the mains. I think its brains went just nuts after switching on and off the gas too many times in short time . No help from the manual. I went outside and opend the fridge vent hatch. dissconnected both cables. it worked like total restart. I have had that kind of problem twice for now. both times the same solution.

Margus - 2014-10-23 6:10 AM

I had a problem with the fridge when it would not work after it had a couple dissconnections and reconnections from the mains. I think its brains went just nuts after switching on and off the gas too many times in short time . No help from the manual. I went outside and opend the fridge vent hatch. dissconnected both cables. it worked like total restart. I have had that kind of problem twice for now. both times the same solution.

this disconnection of power also worked for us....we are still getting the odd 'confused' moment even on our new replaced fidge/freezer.

however, I was wondering if this 'disconnection' can be achieved by powering down the Sargent PSU and killing all 12v.....?Saves going outside to open Tthe vent, though it doesn't take a minute when you've done it a few times...

• 5 years later...
Mickydripin - 2020-07-31 12:35 PM

Hi whoever you are I have not put this post on why are you using my Name Forum Mod please check.

Mike.

Mike,

Are you saying that the opening post was not you?

If so please change your password asap as you account may have been hacked.

Keith.

I think that its just a misunderstanding

Margus posted this

And has now added his model number by posting this

Margus - 2020-07-30 3:12 PM

the model was Thetford N3145.

Mike perceived (I think) that Margus was stating what Mike’s fridge model was.

BruceM - 2020-07-31 1:54 PM

I think that its just a misunderstanding

Margus posted this

And has now added his model number by posting this

Margus - 2020-07-30 3:12 PM

the model was Thetford N3145.

But SIX years later?

Archived