Summer is Really Over

kelly58

Took this from the back of the van in the middle of August in the French Alps.

Ive seen snow fall in July in some places. We left the alps around the end of August as the fire had packed up and while it was lovely during the day it was freezing on a night and in the Morning. Definately cold enough for snow above 6000ft.

Snow.JPG.e0ea8c449bf82da0fc47fea0357f3db7.JPG

Guest JudgeMental
starvin marvin - 2013-10-17 2:17 AM

All of no interest to me, I'd rather fry than freeze any day of the week. You can't really be too hot.

35 deg downj here in Spain yesterday..summer most definitely not over! :-D

JudgeMental - 2013-10-17 4:49 AM

All of no interest to me, I'd rather fry than freeze any day of the week. You can't really be too hot.

35 deg downj here in Spain yesterday..summer most definitely not over! :-D

me too, not your temps eddie but on the bournemouth beach this savo & had a swim

JudgeMental - 2013-10-17 4:49 AM

35 deg down here in Spain yesterday. summer most definitely not over! :-D

Alright ! don't keep rubbing it in. You lucky bugger. :D

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-17 11:14 PM

rupert123 - 2013-10-17 10:27 AM

We were in Cham just a few days ago and snow levels were down to about 2000 mtrs then. Nice to see winter is on the way, had enough sun now roll on the ski season.

Where is Cham?

Chamonix, the subject of the OP :-)

Thanks for that Keith, I thought it was another place. I had a boss whom I asked where he was going on holidays and replied "the Dom" to which I looked totally blank. Turned out to be the Dominion Public and like Cham appeared to be the buzz word. On return asked him what he thought of "the Dom" to find out he had travelled 1000s of miles taking goodness no how many hours to lie like a beach whale around a swimming pool all day and never ventured further. I thought you pill*** but at least you had the buzz word.

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-18 8:53 AM

Thanks for that Keith, I thought it was another place. I had a boss whom I asked where he was going on holidays and replied "the Dom" to which I looked totally blank. Turned out to be the Dominion Public and like Cham appeared to be the buzz word. On return asked him what he thought of "the Dom" to find out he had travelled 1000s of miles taking goodness no how many hours to lie like a beach whale around a swimming pool all day and never ventured further. I thought you pill*** but at least you had the buzz word.

Blimey I know a buzz word, whatever that is. However I have been going to CHAMONIX since the early 1970's climbing and skiing, it has always been Cham. The last bit sounds like Eddie in Spain.

rupert123 - 2013-10-18 10:33 AM

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-18 8:53 AM

Blimey I know a buzz word, whatever that is. However I have been going to CHAMONIX since the early 1970's climbing and skiing, it has always been Cham. The last bit sounds like Eddie in Spain.

I really have lived a sheltered life as even Cham does not feature in Google, but if you don't no you don't no. And buzz word, well not so sheltered as to be aware of what that means but then some do and some don't

Archived