Advice on buying campervan for winter use

david1949

david1949 - 2013-12-13 3:03 PM

...As for the Burstner i dislike the furniture in it and i feel the Hymer would be the better of the 2 they may be in the Hymer group but there build concept would be different. all i have to do now is find a dealer that has them in stock.

As Brian Kirby said earlier (and I overlooked), the Hymer Compact and Burstner Brevio are clones. Both ranges are built by Burstner, in a Burstner factory and on the same production line. It's perfectly reasonable to prefer the 'look' of a Compact over that of a Brevio, but the construction methodology, materials and the people carrying out the build will be the same for both.

As the Brevio and Compact are identical as far as important features are concerned, if you get the chance to see a Brevio, it should allow you to decide if a Compact might be suitable.

A previous related forum thread (with supplementary links)

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/New-Hymer-with-lift-up-door-/32795/

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental

Flicka, What's what I have got to do with David's opening post. Would hardly recommend an adria as a winter van or any van for that matter except maybe la Strada, and that's what I did. But that's what the opening post asked for a panel van for winter use...... I don't even like the styling of Possl/Globecar that much to be honest, a bit to Germanic, like hobby, but they are getting better, and pretty decent for winter use, I think they are a good van for the money.

Anyway all a bit irrelevant as it seems OP did not really want a panel van anyway......

If you aren't too keen on Possl/Globecar styling, you might consider the Sun Living "Elios" range of PVCs.

Sun Living is an Adria 'sub-brand' and I think the complete Elios range is only available outside the UK. The designs cover much the same ground as Possl/Globecar and include an ultra-high-roof model and (in a couple of cases) the peculiar central shower-room with tambour doors Possl/Globecar employ.

This is the French-language brochure:

http://www.sunliving-france.com/media/flash_cataloguesunliving2013bdef__073476100_1602_11102013.pdf

Guest JudgeMental

Derek! How could you.....it's french! :D

Like you say more or less identical to the parent Adria, badged as "flexo" in Germany. Don't really appeal to be honest. There are so many different panel van models out now its hard to keep up, but most just stick to transverse or twin bed standard layouts. Will probably go to Essen show end of February, but health getting more complicated so this may well be my last van, time will tell

flicka - 2013-12-13 11:24 PM

Eddie (judgemental)

I find it strange that you continually promote German vans & dealers, yet you Adria is produced in Novo Mesto, Slovenia or has the German border been extended without them informing the rest of Europe, other than yourself, ?????

JudgeMental - 2013-12-14 8:48 AM

Flicka, What's what I have got to do with David's opening post. Would hardly recommend an adria as a winter van or any van for that matter except maybe la Strada, and that's what I did. But that's what the opening post asked for a panel van for winter use...... I don't even like the styling of Possl/Globecar that much to be honest, a bit to Germanic, like hobby, but they are getting better, and pretty decent for winter use, I think they are a good van for the money.

Anyway all a bit irrelevant as it seems OP did not really want a panel van anyway......

Eddie, not wishing to be pedantic, but you DO recommend people to buy German vans which you say are of better quality than UK built vans ... but if as flicka says yours is built in Slovenia it sort of undermines your own 'sense' ... just a bit! :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
Mel B - 2013-12-14 6:16 PM

flicka - 2013-12-13 11:24 PM

Eddie (judgemental)

I find it strange that you continually promote German vans & dealers, yet you Adria is produced in Novo Mesto, Slovenia or has the German border been extended without them informing the rest of Europe, other than yourself, ?????

JudgeMental - 2013-12-14 8:48 AM

Eddie, not wishing to be pedantic, but you DO recommend people to buy German vans which you say are of better quality than UK built vans ... but if as flicka says yours is built in Slovenia it sort of undermines your own 'sense' ... just a bit! :D

>:-) >:-) >:-)

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2013-12-14 6:49 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-14 6:38 PM

(?)

:-S.............. ;-) ;-) ;-)................... *-)...................... (lol) (lol)................ :D

Guest JudgeMental
Nonsense Mel..it must be, because the sheep bothering troll who lives on here agrees with you. I always buy cheap'ish value for money campers, unfortunately sadly lacking in the UK market I'm afraid. Do you think we all shop in Europe by choice!lol So if I drive a ford I can't recommend a BMW......what a daft assessment...

Guest 1footinthegrave
pelmetman - 2013-12-14 6:53 PM

Mel B - 2013-12-14 6:49 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-14 6:38 PM

(?)

:-S.............. ;-) ;-) ;-)................... *-)...................... (lol) (lol)................ :D

(>) (>) (>) :-D in one (!)

And we've got a Beko dishwasher, but recommend a Philips,and a Sony TV, but recommend a Samsung. 8-)

Archived