Toilet fluid how much ?

Thewad

Morning all a rookie question (new to motorhomes) :-S I have a thetford c200cwe loo what I can't seem to find out from all the manuals I have what is the amount of fluid to pour in, it states add the the required amount and there is a measure on cap and then add approx 2 litres of water

My question is what the required amount, does this depend on the amount of people using the van ?

Hope that's nice and clear

Having Googled your model of Thetford loo it appears that your waste tank holds 17 litres so ad the appropriate amount of chemical for that volume based on the recommendations on the bottle.

For example Aqua Kem Green recommends 150 ml per 20 litres so I would add approx 120 to 130 ml of chemical.

HTH,

Keith.

I Don't use fluid anymore. The chemical smell never lasts. changing the tank was always a 'Peg' on the nose. So, I now use WALEX Porta-Pak. Just drop one sachet in and the pleasant smell stays right through to a full tank!

Also, most important, especially on the continent, it is FORMALDEHYDE-FREE.

Hi,

Welcome on-board. Hope you get as much enjoyment from your new motorhome as we get from ours.

We don't use any of the toilet fluids (green or blue stuff) that are generally sold by motorhome/caravan distributors/companies. Too expensive & too smelly. We use Lidl washing liquid 'Formil'; cost £3.59 or thereabouts for 3 Litre bottle & it does the job required by breaking down solids & smelling much sweeter. I put a cap-full into the cassette add a little water & away we go. Been using it for more years than I care to remember & saved a small fortune that helps put Diesel into the tank for more trips away.

We do use the 'Pink Stuff' to rinse out the bowl each time.

Hope this helps a little by showing you don't have to conform to what 'the book' says every time . :-)

Birder - 2014-02-23 12:58 PM

Hi,

Welcome on-board. Hope you get as much enjoyment from your new motorhome as we get from ours.

We don't use any of the toilet fluids (green or blue stuff) that are generally sold by motorhome/caravan distributors/companies. Too expensive & too smelly. We use Lidl washing liquid 'Formil'; cost £3.59 or thereabouts for 3 Litre bottle & it does the job required by breaking down solids & smelling much sweeter. I put a cap-full into the cassette add a little water & away we go. Been using it for more years than I care to remember & saved a small fortune that helps put Diesel into the tank for more trips away.

We do use the 'Pink Stuff' to rinse out the bowl each time.

Hope this helps a little by showing you don't have to conform to what 'the book' says every time . :-)

I know I'm an idiot sometimes, but initially I misread this as you put Diesel into the cassette loo holding tank if you're using it a lot. :$

Didn't make sense even to me, so after another couple of reads, I got the gist of it.

But, when you say washing liquid, do you mean the stuff for dishes or clothes? And does Bio or non- Bio matter? :-D

Formil is used for washing clothes & yes it's Bio.

Nip down to your local Lidl & give it a try. If I'm wrong then you can always use it in your washing machine.

Didn't think I would have to spell it out, but 'Hey -ho , there you go!! You can't please all the people all the time.

Oh!! Please don't add the Formil to your Diesel tank; you might finish up with a shiny engine & blowing bubbles through your exhaust but I don't think you will be travelling far!! :D

Keithl - 2014-02-23 11:31 AM

Having Googled your model of Thetford loo it appears that your waste tank holds 17 litres so ad the appropriate amount of chemical for that volume based on the recommendations on the bottle.

For example Aqua Kem Green recommends 150 ml per 20 litres so I would add approx 120 to 130 ml of chemical.

HTH,

Keith.

Thank you Keith, you are correct it does hold 17ltrs so 120/130 ml it is chemical or washing liquid :-D see how I go.

Just to take this a little further do any of you add a 'smelly' fluid to the flushing water ?

Have you got your van yet ? the reason I ask is, a lot of new vans ours included are flushed from the main water tank ie; you don't have a water flush tank :-D in that case like us and others we use the Bio washing liquid ours comes from Aldi .

My O.H empties ours on a daily bases in most cases so we aren't bothered by smells also we have installed a S.O.G which helps a lot, it blows out underneath the van not directly through the side wall that can be embarrassing if on an Aire and people are sat outside_redface. I used to have a spray bottle that I put in a small amount of disinfectant and just sprayed that around the bowl now and again I just kept that behind the loo on the floor.

SORRY crossed post :-D

I use the Elsan Blue, get it in 4 litre container, lasts almost the whole season, just over £13.

And it has a 'kitemark' to say it is safe and kills all germs and bacteria. Also have a Thetford 'sog' system, which is not all that good at removing 'nasty niffs'. Flush water supplied from Main Tank so have a spray in Toilet with Elsan red dilution for spraying bowl after use. Ray

maggyd - 2014-02-23 3:02 PM

Have you got your van yet ? the reason I ask is, a lot of new vans ours included are flushed from the main water tank ie; you don't have a water flush tank :-D in that case like us and others we use the Bio washing liquid ours comes from Aldi .

My O.H empties ours on a daily bases in most cases so we aren't bothered by smells also we have installed a S.O.G which helps a lot, it blows out underneath the van not directly through the side wall that can be embarrassing if on an Aire and people are sat outside_redface. I used to have a spray bottle that I put in a small amount of disinfectant and just sprayed that around the bowl now and again I just kept that behind the loo on the floor.

SORRY crossed post :-D

Yes I do have van swift kontiki 645 07 and it does have separate water tank from main water supply so I guess I can add a little something to the water

Just bung a capful in or there abouts. I dont think you need to worry about measuring it. Some people put way to much in though. a cheap 5 litre bottle of the blue stuff from a dealer is less than a tenner and lasts us for a whole year and we are away half of that. I dont always add it either every day as it carrys on working even when you empty the cassette.

Archived