Must haves for europe?

tonyclaire

Guest peter

Plenty of gas, hosepipe and fittings (loads) watering can 10 Ltr. Tee shirts and jeans or slacks, warm jackets for the evening, Any medications, as they are very expensive in Spain, 48 Rennies is 6.4 Euros.

Any food items that aren't usually available in Spain, (depends on where you're going as loads of ex pats down south, so more availability).

tonyclaire - 2014-03-07 5:51 PM

Finally off on Monday. Ferry to St Marlo then head to south of Spain. Can anyone please give us a short list of must have items we should be taking. Have tried to think of most things but you guys know best!

Many Thanks.

As Peter plus, in no particular order, beam benders, registration document (V5C), vehicle insurance docs, health insurance, EHIC, two warning triangles (Spain), tickets :-), passports, Euros, continental two pin EHU adaptor, maps, spare specs if worn (legal requirement for driver in Spain), enough booze to get you there, site bookings if booked, and a large quantity of inflated, helium filled, baloons in your van!

Bon voyage! :-D

tonyclaire - 2014-03-07 5:51 PM

Finally off on Monday. Ferry to St Marlo then head to south of Spain. Can anyone please give us a short list of must have items we should be taking. Have tried to think of most things but you guys know best!

Many Thanks.

This page from the CC site is useful.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/overseas-holidays/advice-and-information

Billggski - 2014-03-08 10:14 AM

Corkscrew

Plus , bottle opener & good glass glasses, (not disgusting plastic things!) an easy chair, a good book and a comfy pillow. Oh ... and leave your watch at home in Britain. Oh Oh .... and ever the optimist.... a sun hat!

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2014-03-07 6:41 PM

registration document (V5C),

what if you haven't got the V5 through the post yet, I am expecting tax disk and notification of plates later next week, but they have said V5 will take 6 weeks from then! We are due to go to spain well before then :-S

JudgeMental - 2014-03-08 11:36 AM

what if you haven't got the V5 through the post yet, I am expecting tax disk and notification of plates later next week, but they have said V5 will take 6 weeks from then! We are due to go to spain well before then :-S

Don't worry.

I'm sure that any forum member who is in the area will visit you in your Spanish prison.

:-|

Simple you get a V379 temporary registration form from DVLA valid for one year.

Guest JudgeMental

guess what just popped through the letterbox......V5! well done DVLA, off to get number plates now!:D

no tax disc though.....

EDIT: I take that back! Idiots! they have given me a 2012 (62) plate not a March 2013 which should be 63

even though all the details in V5 correct (first registration 17.05.2013) nice to see they are up to their usual high level of incompetence! *-)

Judge ring them, use your charm,tell them when you are going away, and they will get them to you in time.

We did our own conversion, cost a fortune but got exactly what I wanted, DVLA were brilliant, re registered as a motor caravan and made sure we had documents in time to travel to France. Good luck, wish I was going to Spain soon Zhave fun.

JudgeMental - 2014-03-08 12:08 PM

guess what just popped through the letterbox......V5! well done DVLA, off to get number plates now!:D

no tax disc though.....

EDIT: I take that back! Idiots! they have given me a 2012 (62) plate not a March 2013 which should be 63

even though all the details in V5 correct (first registration 17.05.2013) nice to see they are up to their usual high level of incompetence! *-)

You know what's going to happen now, they will give you a new reg and a tx disc with the old reg on it. :D

That's the worst case I think. Just got a V5 for one of my vans in 10 days.

We also keep all documents, passports, V5, insurance etc. scanned on a usb on our key ring just in case it all goes missing.

Guest JudgeMental
lennyhb - 2014-03-08 12:37 PM

You know what's going to happen now, they will give you a new reg and a tx disc with the old reg on it. :D

would not be surprised!..they have always been in my experience the epitome of incompetence. for instance I called immediately to be told by this numpty that reg goes on manufacture date not first registration..I ask you! there is a case over on Globecar/Possl forum where someone bought a 2012 registered van and at service have just found out it was built in 2009!

did not have this trouble with the adria, built Nov 2010 - first registered March 2011. this is the same built Nov 2012 - first registered March 2013

Judge,

Was this a 'brand new' van or had it been registered in Germany?

If it had previously been registered in Germany then it would be second hand and UK reg would follow date of original reg in Germany.

Just a thought.

Keith.

Could we have a re-cap of the original question as this thread seems to have gone slightly off-course?

AS USUAL

Oh, I remember what it was!

There is a very comprehensive list of items to consider taking, if you have enough payload, on another Forum - I'll try and find it and post later today.

:-D :-D :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Keithl - 2014-03-08 2:15 PM

Judge,

Was this a 'brand new' van or had it been registered in Germany?

If it had previously been registered in Germany then it would be second hand and UK reg would follow date of original reg in Germany.

Just a thought.

Keith.

first reg 17.05.2013 (its 10 months old) so should be a 63 plate not a 62 :-S

calm down Madge,,hardly that of topic and my issue not worth starting another thread about...incidentally there was an identical thread to this a few weeks ago (^)

You're already in Europe Tony - we joined about 40 years ago!

Seriously though, it's all about individual countries distinctive rules WITHIN Europe, as you've seen in the replies about France and Spain respectively.

The only thing I'd add to your essentials is a sense of humour - SOMETHING is bound to go wrong, and you need to be able to laugh at anything that's not actually fatal!

Archived