Autosleepers furniture

Guest pelmetman
That's the advantage of real wood, it can be refurbished with a little bit of elbow grease B-)................try that with the sticky back plastic used now days ;-)..................

Hi the woodwork on the Frisky is solid wood not MDF and will be varnished not polished if you try polish you will not be able to treat with varnish later.

Try rubbing down with fine grade steel wool on a unit end by the rear doors and use a quick dry Satin varnish.

Alf

IMO varnish is the worst finish ever invented for wood!

The slightest chip or knock and then a little bit of damp and it starts peeling and is then a proverbial PIA to refinish.

I use Chestnut Finishing Oil (Link to Chestnut) to touch up the woodwork in our AT and it really is easy to blend in any marks and give the whole worktop edging a wipe along to bring back an 'as new' look. Since discovering Finishing Oil I have thrown out all my old tins of varnish!

Keith.

Give the wood a light sanding then a coat of thinned down Ronseal Satin Coat ( 10% white spirit ) this will seal the wood grain , a light rub down with fine wire wool , then finish with two top coats , again light rub down with wire wool letting each coat fully dry between coats . Although it may feel dry to touch  , you need to give each coat time to harden off . Very time consuming but well worth the effort .

Archived