site reccomendation in nw required

ips

Need a private site or cl in north Lancs west yorkshire or cumbria we want something on a river or canal with nice views, suitable for a lazy weekend watching said view whilst enjoying wine and bbq

any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

ips - 2014-05-20 1:38 PM

Need a private site or cl in north Lancs west yorkshire or cumbria we want something on a river or canal with nice views, suitable for a lazy weekend watching said view whilst enjoying wine and bbq

any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Not stayed here ourselves but this has been recommended to us by friends. Quite an expensive CL/CS but good reviews

http://www.riverside-tourer-park.co.uk/

Arthur

Two smashing recommends there by the looks of them.

I'm intrigued by the one in Coniston, I'm no expert but I thought I knew the place quite well but have no idea where that site is.

In edit, just found their website which is under construction, the site is reached by a road which branches off towards the Lake, the road is at the top end of the town.

I'm sure I've not seen it on previous visits though 8-)

Martyn

LordThornber - 2014-05-21 1:12 PM

Two smashing recommends there by the looks of them.

I'm intrigued by the one in Coniston, I'm no expert but I thought I knew the place quite well but have no idea where that site is.

In edit, just found their website which is under construction, the site is reached by a road which branches off towards the Lake, the road is at the top end of the town.

I'm sure I've not seen it on previous visits though 8-)

Martyn

For those interested here is a direct link to Google maps showing the site location on it's own headland... Link to Map

Keith.

Mike P - 2014-05-21 10:19 AM

Try Mains Farm Kirkoswald near Penrith. On the river Eden, quiet, brilliant views, 2 good pubs and village shop 400 yards up the road,

Mike P

Thank you to you and Keith for these 2 sites - both look very interesting.

Mains Farm pitches appear to be grass. How is ground in wet weather do you know? Is drainage good (I'm a big cowardy custard and don't like risk of getting bogged down) :-S

Mike P - 2014-05-22 11:40 AM

Mains Farm site very well drained, quite sandy soil. Pretty level, gentle slope betond drops down to the river.

Mike P

And also fully booked for weekend :(

ips - 2014-05-23 9:28 PM

Ended up on a site near Ripon...

ips,

You asked for recommendations in NW. Ripon is NE! (Well it certainly is from your neck of the woods!!!)

Anyway sorry to hear your pick wasn't that good, would you care to name and shame or at least give us a link. And was it recommended or did you pick at random? Just curious so we don't make the same mistake in the future :-(

Cheers,

Keith.

Hi Keith

its a long story we had this site booked for a few weeks to attend a sporting event in the area, said event got canceled last minute so we asked for help from the forum. As we could not book anything we came here anyway. Will report in more detail when i have left. Lol

breakfast on new cadac as micro won't work.

Archived