This is a Freindly Forum

robertandjean

Robinhood - 2014-08-25 2:26 PM

Brian Kirby - 2014-08-25 2:23 PM

If one finds one has offended accidentlly, it is far better IMO to apologise, than to go into a huff and tell the offended reader to "get a sense of humour", or similar. Pouring petrol on a smouldering fire seldom results in the fire being extinguished! Here endeth etc! :-D

....if one has offended on purpose, however.................

;-)

Precisely! It is richly deserved! :-D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fourth - if Brian doesn't mind,

http://www.psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Antiprocess

As this article concludes, the ramifications of antiprocess are that people can be engaged in a debate sincerely, yet the appearances suggests that they are not. This can lead to acrimony if neither party is aware of antiprocess and does not adjust his or her debating style accordingly.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-08-25 3:35 PM

If one finds one has offended accidentlly, it is far better IMO to apologise, than to go into a huff and tell the offended reader to "get a sense of humour", or similar. Pouring petrol on a smouldering fire seldom results in the fire being extinguished! Here endeth etc! :-D

;-)

Does that include those who arrive with an agenda Brian? ;-)...................

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-25 9:43 AM

I have to be brief -- we're off in the ,van for a week with no computer, so..........

Derek (hope that's correct!) I stand corrected -- I should have knpwn about Mark ANTONY -- but had forgotten.

Stuart -- you are being an insulting prig -- what you don't know is that Antony & I have had many differences of opinion long before you came onto these forums without it getting nasty or resorting to name-calling.

Antony - I stand corrected also........if I have offended you with my 'banter' then I apologise -- because I do not set out deliberately to offend anybody. The reference to Birth Certs. etc. was because my father-in Law missspelled one of my wife's names (Ann for Anne, which was what her mother wanted) on her Birth Certificate! It happens -- he was never forgiven!

And -- my original comment was correct -- you are the exception which proves the rule! Hooray!

Cheers,

Colin.

Absolutely no offence at all Colin ... Enjoy your week

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-25 9:43 AM

I have to be brief -- we're off in the ,van for a week with no computer, so..........

Derek (hope that's correct!) I stand corrected -- I should have knpwn about Mark ANTONY -- but had forgotten.

Stuart -- you are being an insulting prig -- what you don't know is that Antony & I have had many differences of opinion long before you came onto these forums without it getting nasty or resorting to name-calling.

Antony - I stand corrected also........if I have offended you with my 'banter' then I apologise -- because I do not set out deliberately to offend anybody. The reference to Birth Certs. etc. was because my father-in Law missspelled one of my wife's names (Ann for Anne, which was what her mother wanted) on her Birth Certificate! It happens -- he was never forgiven!

And -- my original comment was correct -- you are the exception which proves the rule! Hooray!

Cheers,

Colin.

Absolutely no offence at all Colin ... Enjoy your week

Brock - 2014-08-25 3:38 PM

Fourth - if Brian doesn't mind,

http://www.psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Antiprocess

As this article concludes, the ramifications of antiprocess are that people can be engaged in a debate sincerely, yet the appearances suggests that they are not. This can lead to acrimony if neither party is aware of antiprocess and does not adjust his or her debating style accordingly.

Like it John, like it! :-D

pelmetman - 2014-08-25 4:07 PM

;-)

Yep! Absolutely everyone, without fear or favour. No exclusions at all. Even those who forgot to bring the agenda with them! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2014-08-25 4:42 PM

pelmetman - 2014-08-25 4:07 PM

;-)

Yep! Absolutely everyone, without fear or favour. No exclusions at all. Even those who forgot to bring the agenda with them! :-D

I can look forward to an apology from HE with an agenda ;-).................I won't hold my breath though :D......

pkc - 2014-08-25 3:34 PM

antony1969 - 2014-08-25 8:58 AM

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-24 12:25 PM

antony1969 - 2014-08-24 10:54 AM

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-24 10:25 AM

Yup! You are: 'the exception that proves the rule' Anthony!

Colin.

I think that's a compliment but maybe not ... Confused Huddersfield

It's a play on the fact that you spell your first given name incorrectly -- Anthony/Antony -- but perhaps that was your father's doing when he registered your birth!

Cheers,

Colin. (which Pelmetman thinks should be spelled with a 'K'!)

P.S. I had fogotten how young you are -- still using that juvenile 'joke' about the spelling of 'it' -- which I fell out of my pram (c.1945) laughing at!

C.

Seems I was doomed right from the beginning Colin ... Even my names wrong ! ... I don't think my father was present at the birth certificate signing ... At least they didn't call me after my old fella as it says on my birth ticket ... Unknown what a stupid name

Just checked my birth certificate Antony, seems we may be half brothers.

Greetings Bro.

Family at last ... For once this forum doesn't divide and cause fallout it now brings together long lost families and reunites brothers forever .... Our kid .... Hopefully your just like me bigoted , thick , an oik and the rest

antony1969 - 2014-08-25 7:20 PM

Colin.

It's a play on the fact that you spell your first given name incorrectly -- Anthony/Antony -- but perhaps that was your father's doing when he registered your birth!

Cheers,

P.S. I had fogotten how young you are -- still using that juvenile 'joke' about the spelling of 'it' -- which I fell out of my pram (c.1945) laughing at!

C.

Seems I was doomed right from the beginning Colin ... Even my names wrong ! ... I don't think my father was present at the birth certificate signing ... At least they didn't call me after my old fella as it says on my birth ticket ... Unknown what a stupid name

Greetings Bro.

Family at last ... For once this forum doesn't divide and cause fallout it now brings together long lost families and reunites brothers forever .... Our kid .... Hopefully your just like me bigoted , thick , an oik and the rest

Dear Antony.

I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am that you confirm our relationship.

Please ignore the name calling and abuse, bigot, fick, etc.

Mother relates that from the day he stepped off the Empire Windrush

father was the butt of this vicious type of abuse.

As ever your devoted half brother. Winston.

pkc - 2014-08-26 8:35 AM

antony1969 - 2014-08-25 7:20 PM

Colin.

Cheers,

C.

Greetings Bro.

Dear Antony.

I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am that you confirm our relationship.

Please ignore the name calling and abuse, bigot, fick, etc.

Mother relates that from the day he stepped off the Empire Windrush

father was the butt of this vicious type of abuse.

As ever your devoted half brother. Winston.

:-D :-) Winston I too am overjoyed at finding my family and thanks to you I now know a little of my background

I now have an inkling as to why I get picked on so much on this forum ... Iz it cos I iz black ? ( note this is an attempt at humour for those delicate types who may Judge this offensive )

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2014-08-26 8:48 AM

I now have an inkling as to why I get picked on so much on this forum ... Iz it cos I iz black ? ( note this is an attempt at humour for those delicate types who may Judge this offensive )

There you go again. A sly little prod at someone whom you had a barney with six months ago. Your entire input into Motorhome matters seems to be to pop in simply to stir things up. I know that Chatterbox is very lonely for you these days but that's because of you and a couple of the other members of the Chatterbox Idiots' Association. May I suggest that you go back there and try to think of something interesting to say?

Why is it though that the three prominent CB members all suffer from this same condition? Everyone of you seems unable to make a post without a snide little dig at someone who may not even be in the thread.

Guest JudgeMental
Had Enough - 2014-08-26 9:34 AM

There you go again. A sly little prod at someone whom you had a barney with six months ago. Your entire input into Motorhome matters seems to be to pop in simply to stir things up. I know that Chatterbox is very lonely for you these days but that's because of you and a couple of the other members of the Chatterbox Idiots' Association. May I suggest that you go back there and try to think of something interesting to say?

Why is it though that the three prominent CB members all suffer from this same condition? Everyone of you seems unable to make a post without a snide little dig at someone who may not even be in the thread.

Well said Frank..spot on! Laughable the way he quotes free of context.......bitter and twisted don't get near it......

Guest Had Enough
Joe90 - 2014-08-26 9:44 AM

How odd that a thread entitled " this is a friendly forum ( even though misspelled ) demonstrates just the opposite !

What's the weather like in west Wales Joe?

Had Enough - 2014-08-26 9:34 AM

Aw we didn't ya like my joke Frankie ??

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2014-08-26 10:08 AM

Er, clearly not! I find you predictable and not very funny at all. Your pathetic little interventions are boring and simply show you to be a sad person who can't help holding a grudge and isn't happy unless he's prodding and digging at those whom he may have once crossed swords with.

Now be a good little oik and slink back to your natural habitat. This is Motorhome Matters, not the thick sad gits section.

I can't wait to see what pithy little pearl of wisdom you'll come back with now! *-)

Had Enough - 2014-08-26 10:17 AM

antony1969 - 2014-08-26 10:08 AM

Er, clearly not! I find you predictable and not very funny at all. Your pathetic little interventions are boring and simply show you to be a sad person who can't help holding a grudge and isn't happy unless he's prodding and digging at those whom he may have once crossed swords with.

Now be a good little oik and slink back to your natural habitat. This is Motorhome Matters, not the thick sad gits section.

I can't wait to see what pithy little pearl of wisdom you'll come back with now! *-)

You and Edward got the same name calling book in front of ya Frankie ? ... It's uncanny ... Great minds and all that ... If your starting again calling names then maybe we should agree to disagree ... I'm sure the other members don't need you to go through the list again

Guest JudgeMental
Had Enough - 2014-08-26 10:02 AM

Joe90 - 2014-08-26 9:44 AM

How odd that a thread entitled " this is a friendly forum ( even though misspelled ) demonstrates just the opposite !

What's the weather like in west Wales Joe?

I did wonder........Moi prefers empirical evidence

So tell us about yourself Joe :D

And it all appeared to be going so well. (Yes we know you should not start a sentence with and, before the grammar and spelling police get upset). Sorry about the typo on friendly as this seems to have triggered a regression to an unfriendly forum. A shame as all the early responses were positive with contributors, like Dave and Anthony, often identified as being difficult making humorous and friendly responses.

robertandjean - 2014-08-26 11:07 AM

And it all appeared to be going so well. (Yes we know you should not start a sentence with and, before the grammar and spelling police get upset). Sorry about the typo on friendly as this seems to have triggered a regression to an unfriendly forum. A shame as all the early responses were positive with contributors, like Dave and Anthony, often identified as being difficult making humorous and friendly responses.

Dave received the worst personal attacks I have seen on here with the gassing thread ... Yourselves too ended up with a proper bashing by daring to of all crimes praise aires ... As I said earlier you then wonder why fewer folk post when they have a good chance of having insults hurled at them

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-08-26 11:52 AM

robertandjean - 2014-08-26 11:07 AM

Dave received the worst personal attacks I have seen on here with the gassing thread ... Yourselves too ended up with a proper bashing by daring to of all crimes praise aires ... As I said earlier you then wonder why fewer folk post when they have a good chance of having insults hurled at them

I was quite surprised how vitriolic the gassing skeptics are ;-)..............Maybe they're starting to realise the tide of anecdotal evidence is turning against them :D..........

pelmetman - 2014-08-26 12:25 PM

I was quite surprised how vitriolic SOME OF the gassing skeptics are

Dave, I don't know why you would be surprised at the attempts to disrupt any thread and dissuade any new input with which the 'usual suspects' disagree because that is exactly what has been destroying this forum for quite some while now.

A bit of moderation would go a long way, both from the usual suspects and from the moderators - if there are any?

Archived