Cab battery

4cls

Can any one tell me what sort of residual drain I might expect on the Cab battery of a Fiat Ducato 130 multijet. vehicle registered on 06/01/ 2007. The Consumer unit, NE183, above the Ace Airstream 680 FB habitation door shows a drain of 0.2, when the panel is switched to display the information. My local garage bod reckons it should only be about 0.02 drain. There is nothing extra added to the cab except a link between leisure battery and cab battery that is used with the solar panel to keep both battery's topped up. I have disconnected it for a spell and the cab battery drops to 13.5..12.8 over a week. I have always thought that the drain was there because of all the on board gizmos, engine computers etc. Any ideas??...Apologies if this has already being dealt with on previous discussions.

12.8v is a very healthy reading for a fully charged battery, once the charger voltage has dropped off, so if it's reading this after a week then I don't think that you have a problem.

Regarding the 0.2a, is it possible that the control panel is itself drawing some charge once switched on to check the readings?

Looks like I cocked it up or got it wrong, (select which is applicable?) The .2 drain shown on the consumer unit is from the habitation unit out. The picture is of what looks like a demountable with an arrow pointing right, and .2 displayed, I just did not look at the panel properly. I have used the multimeter on most of the 12v outlets and it is all quiet till I switch on the consumer unit, then I get a .2 drain, so you are right,. The only unit that plays up is the fridge light that does not illuminate when the door is opened, but we can live with that. Regarding a fully charged battery, in all the years on motorcycling and boats etc we were always taught that 14v was the standard fully charged battery.?

4cls - 2015-02-25 5:53 PMwe were always taught that 14v was the standard fully charged battery.?

As Keith says, that will be the charge voltage applied by the charger or alternator.

Once that dissipates the fully-charged battery will be in the region of 12.7-12.8v.

Archived