Fiat 2.3 Multijet JTD 150 BHP (Euro5) 6 speed automatic gearbox

Florence

david lloyd - 2016-08-29 6:06 PM

Barcobird - 2016-08-29 9:47 AM

741G elec bed alko chassis uprated to 4500 130 bhp engine manual transmission

Got the payload so definitely going for the 150bhp and Comfortmatic upgrades then?

David

Quite correct young man and traction control thrown in for good measure *-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike88 - 2016-08-29 6:27 PM

Got the payload so definitely going for the 150bhp and Comfortmatic upgrades then?

David

I'm confused (but not for the first time). According to an earlier post the van has already been ordered and Barcobird's post of 29 August suggests that is the 130bhp model with manual transmission yet he earlier stated he was going for the 150bhp engine with Comfortmatic transmission.

That aside I wouldn't want to drive a large van with an uprated chassis with only a 130bhp engine but we are all different I suppose. Presumably Barcobird has the licence to drive a vehicle over 3500kgs.

Don't worry David your not alone on that front (confused). I had ordered a130bhp manual with upgraded chassis ( yes I've got the license) and always had doubts about the engine, now that I have contemplated the auto it's a must. So as stated in the last post I have gone for the lot which is for February 2017 delivery.

I just have to pay for it now :-(

Barcobird - 2016-08-29 9:54 PM

David

I'm confused (but not for the first time). According to an earlier post the van has already been ordered and Barcobird's post of 29 August suggests that is the 130bhp model with manual transmission yet he earlier stated he was going for the 150bhp engine with Comfortmatic transmission.

That aside I wouldn't want to drive a large van with an uprated chassis with only a 130bhp engine but we are all different I suppose. Presumably Barcobird has the licence to drive a vehicle over 3500kgs.

Don't worry David your not alone on that front (confused). I had ordered a130bhp manual with upgraded chassis ( yes I've got the license) and always had doubts about the engine, now that I have contemplated the auto it's a must. So as stated in the last post I have gone for the lot which is for February 2017 delivery.

I'm sure you won't regret your decision.

Barcobird - 2016-08-29 9:54 PM

David

As you say barcobird - you might well be another person who gets confused - it was mike88 posted about being confused!

Glad you got where you wanted to be in the end though and bet you can't wait for February 2017 to come around.

Thank you for the 'young man' comment too - even if you haven't seen me in person it still makes me stand a little taller.

Regards

David

For what it’s worth, Pilote’s 2016 catalogue indicates that Galaxy A-class models are available on Fiat’s ‘camping-car’ (CC) chassis or on an Al-Ko chassis and in ‘light’ or ‘heavy’ variants of both.

The Galaxy ‘light’ Fiat CC chassis is offered with a 3500kg or 3650kg MTPLM, while the ‘heavy’ CC chassis’s MTPLM is 4400kg.

The Galaxy ‘light’ Al-Ko chassis is offered with a 3500kg or 3700kg MTPLM, while the ‘heavy’ Al-Ko chassis’s MTPLM is 4500kg.

‘Heavy’ chassis (Fiat or Al-Ko) are not upgraded/uprated ‘light’ chassis. They are significantly different technically (bigger brakes, etc.) and the transmission gear ratios used with a ‘heavy’ chassis will differ from those used with a ‘light’ chassis.

If barcobird had said initially that he was buying a Pilote Galaxy 741G based on the 4500kg MTPLM Al-Ko chassis, much of the discussion about the suitability of the 130bhp motor could have been avoided as it’s plain that the 150bhp motor (at minimum) would be the better choice.

• 4 months later...
We have a 2015 AT Tracker FB with 150HP & comformatic transmission. It has completed 38,000 klms with not a wimper of complaint from engine or transmission. In this country auto outsells manual by a large factor so auto is a natural choice for most. It did take a period of time to become used to the quirky habits of this transmission however now I usually anticipate what it will do and act accordingly. It does enable you to select manual mode or change to a lower gear when it is in cruise control mode to maintain nominated speed when hill climbing. First to second is a slow change but no big deal, a big dose of right foot after the change picks up the momentum. The 150hp engine is more than sufficient for my needs. Next MH will be auto. Cannot comment on pricing as local pricing is totally different in this market. The UK market prices are considerably cheaper than here in OZ even with the "Brexit" influence on exchange rates. Cheers,

Archived