Dog friendly M40 stopover

ips

Off to Surrey in a few weeks and I would like somewere a mile or so off the M40 preferably around Warwick ish were we can stop for an hour for lunch and give the cocker spaniel a run, thinking maybe a country park sort of thing. oh and we will be towing the caravan. (yes I know its MH section)

Many thanks

Warwick Racecourse, just off of the M40, plenty of parking, just follow the signs to the racecourse, just before the entrance to the CC site, turn sharp right. car parking there (enough for a fleet of buses). walk across towards the Club site, Acres and Acres in the middle of the racecourse. All off lead.Enough for any Dog. Ray

ips,

What day are you travelling? If at the weekend how about Gaydon Motor Museum just off J12 (but check what's on the day you're travelling) or slightly further off the M40 is Charlecote park NT. They have a good car park and it is free for NT members.

And personally I don't think I'd really want to tow a caravan into the centre of Warwick just for an hours break! I know 'cos I spend long enough driving around their for work!!!

Alternatively why not just use the M40 services at Warwick? There should be plenty of room to walk your dog and not go too far off route.

Keith.

Keith.

Travelling on a Friday beginning of May. I planned on services but would like doggie to have a run as she is very active and it's a long haul in the car. I just need a feild with enough room to park two caravans for an hour.

Any other suggestions appreciated?

Possibly a daft question but have you checked that there's nowt on when you'll be there...?...

..and not just a race meeting..but folk setting up for a boot sale, antique fair, auto-jumble etc...

You don't want to go to swing in, only to find the place rammed... :-S

(..just think ips, if you still had the MH you could now be whinging about how the council haven't provided you with a dedicated place to stop.... (lol) )

Archived