Leisure batteries

Atwoki

I am about to change the leisure battery in our Swift Sundance 2003. Has anyone tried using a Bosch S5 013 Powerframe Silver or the Varta Silver Dynamic H3?

The main draw apart from lights etc will be charging two electric bikes and maybe a 500w hairdryer through an inverter.

Thanks

Atwoki - 2015-08-28 9:36 AM........................ The main draw apart from lights etc will be charging two electric bikes and maybe a 500w hairdryer through an inverter.

Thanks

Do you already do this with the existing battery? If so, and it is satisfactory, and you replace with the same, or greater capacity, I guess you should be OK.

However, running a 500W hairdryer from 12V through an inverter will draw in excess of 40A from your battery for as long as it is running.

You don't say what the charging load of the bikes is, or how often you charge them, but between them and the hairdryer, your battery is going to take quite a hit. How would you then re-charge it?

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the hairdrier will have to wait until we have mains hook up.

We have not tried the bikes yet but i think that charging whilst the engine is running seems the best plan so far as we tend not to stay in one place for very long.

I will look again at fitting two batteries to help meet the demand.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the hairdrier will have to wait until we have mains hook up.

We have not tried the bikes yet but i think that charging whilst the engine is running seems the best plan so far as we tend not to stay in one place for very long.

I will look again at fitting two batteries to help meet the demand.

Archived