Mini Heki

ianj8793

I need to replace the mini hecki on our Rapido 9048 A class (2008) and I was wondering if anyone knew offhand the roof thickness. These hecki's are available for roof thicknesses of 25/42 or 43/60. I don't want to remove the old one to measure accurately in this weather because I would sooner have the new one available for immediate fitting so If anyone has replaced one perhaps the would let me know.

Sorry, can't give you a definitive answer but I would be surprised if the roof thickness exceeded 42mm.

I seem to remember that Hymer use 35mm vertical walls and 40mm roof.

If you remove the inner plastic cover you may be able to get sufficient access to measure the roof thickness.

Hope others maybe able to provide more positive advice.

ianj8793 - 2015-11-23 11:26 AM

I need to replace the mini hecki on our Rapido 9048 A class (2008) and I was wondering if anyone knew offhand the roof thickness. These hecki's are available for roof thicknesses of 25/42 or 43/60. I don't want to remove the old one to measure accurately in this weather because I would sooner have the new one available for immediate fitting so If anyone has replaced one perhaps the would let me know.

I can't help with the thickness of your roof, but I have a mini Heki for sale. I removed it from my Frankia to replace it with a fan ventilator; I imagine it would be a suitable depth for your Rapido. If you might be interested I'll dig it out, measure it and send you some photos.

Stephen

Robbo - 2015-11-23 7:03 PM

Sorry, can't give you a definitive answer but I would be surprised if the roof thickness exceeded 42mm.

I seem to remember that Hymer use 35mm vertical walls and 40mm roof.

If you remove the inner plastic cover you may be able to get sufficient access to measure the roof thickness.

Hope others maybe able to provide more positive advice.

Rapido uses an unusual roof construction on its more expensive models, where a secondary upper skin ‘floats’ above an inner roof and wraps around the top of the motorhome’s side panels. This roof-construction should minimise the chances of water ingress, but it complicates fitting things to the roof (solar panels, sat-TV dishes, etc.) and increases the overall roof thickness. I think a 2008 Rapido 9048DF would have the ‘floating roof’, so there’s a fair chance that the Mini Heki 43/60 version would be appropriate.

I can’t provide a definitive answer either (Wokingham Motorhomes or Highbridge Caravans might be able to) but I agree with you that by removing the inner cover from the original rooflight may allow the critical depth-measurement to be made. If the roof-depth can still not be established, as long as care is taken (and luck holds) removing the inner-frame might be possible without breaking the seal between the rooflight’s outer frame and the roof’s top surface.

Some links that may be useful

http://www.1carpc.co.uk/wcdr/mini-heki-install.htm

http://www.dometicrvcentre.com.au/documentmanager/item/192

Why not use a bit of lateral thinking to measure the roof thickness...

1. Place a straight edge (eg. piece of timber) across the top of the open Heki.

2. Hold another straight edge under the opening.

3. Measure the distance from the ceiling down to the lower straight edge.

4. Measure the distance from the roof up to the upper straight edge.

5. Measure the distance between the straight edges.

6. Subtract measurements 3 plus 4 from measurement 5.

The answer is your roof thickness!

Now how hard was that?

Keith.

Archived