Happy New Year... Quick Question, CL site near Whitby?

kevandali

A belated New Year to everyone, wondered if you could help me, you normally do :-)

We have recently stayed at a CL site high up near Robin Hood's Bay, called Crosslands, bit basic, hook up, water fill and toilet emptying but well worth a visit for its location.

Anyway, we spoke to some people who mentioned a CL site called 'Rusup' most definitely spelt wrong but is about a 20 min walk into Whitby.

Any ideas where this is?
What it is actually called?
An if you have been, what it is like?
Thanks a lot
Kevandali

Hi Kev, Happy New Year to you also. Last visit to Robin Hoods Bay we stayed at the Victoria Hotel ( now that is what I call a view!) but I did remember a camp site up the hill further that had great views. Looked it up on Goole street view and it is called Hooks House Farm www.hookshousefarm.co.uk. It is on the B1447 and appears to have EHU etc from the images. This is one beautiful part of Britian. An old Bradford born Friend had a business taking small groups on the coast to coast walk for many years. He recommended the Seaview room at the Victoria Hotel, it certainly lived up to his description of the views. Cheers,

kevandali - 2016-01-04 9:51 AM

Not sure of the difference between a CS and a CL...

Kev,

A CS only allows members of the C&CC to camp whereas a CL only allows CC members.

Unfortunately unless you are a member of the C&CC you cannot use the CS at Ruswarp :-(

Keith.

There are 5 CLs (ie for Caravan Club members) listed for Whitby - 2 are in Hawsker or High Hawsker, we stopped on one of them, which was walkable into the town (although probably more like 30-40 mins walk.). I seem to remember there's a path down by the Abbey - which was a bugger on the way back!.

Archived