Autotrail

michele

Dakota ... Is anyone aware of where I can get to look at this unit . Was thinking of going to the NEC but its an awful long way to travel if they won't have it with them .

We are based in essex would be grateful if anyone could point us in the direction of a dealership that stocks these.

Apart from that Happy New Year to you all .

If anyone owns would would be grateful if you could say if you like it or not .

I always did ask stupid questions, put my brain in gear .. I will locate that dealer button lol...

Thanks Sylvia & Martin still around then lol... Hope you are doing well and thanks for the info I will be off to look on the internet now. , keep in touch . Thanks guys .

michele - 2016-01-03 11:37 AM

I always did ask stupid questions, put my brain in gear .

No you don't - no question is stupid if you can't think of the answer!!

And please Michele - don't ever put yer brain in gear - we love you just the way you are!!(lol)

ha ha ... You know me well Michele speak .. Ok whats out there that has a fixed bed , Bathroom at the back . Understorage lockers big enough to take table & chairs . and a bike rack ..Any ideas .Looked at the Bessie no good. Swift no good. Bailey .any more ideas .

michele - 2016-01-03 3:34 PM

ha ha ... You know me well Michele speak .. Ok whats out there that has a fixed bed , Bathroom at the back . Understorage lockers big enough to take table & chairs . and a bike rack

I've not looked at it for years but MMM's buyers guide might give you some pointers?

Michelle,

Happy New Year for 2016 !

Think these are your Nearest Autotrail Dealers http://www.cranham.co.uk/

But never had any dealings with them, I got my Autotrail New off of the forecourt at Simpsons in Great Yarmouth, http://simpsonsmotorcaravans.com/ got a very good deal and a good offer on my old Autocruise, so we took it.

Been pleased with them as a Dealership, and our local dealers Continental at Cross Hands, Carmarthen, http://www.continentalcaravans.co.uk/ who took on our Warranty work without a quibble,

Nice to have you Back !

We have the Savannah (2012), which is like the Dakota in many ways, apart from having two fixed single beds at the rear, instead of a Double, but the same length 7.6metres, and most of the rest is the same. Do we like it 3 years on ? Yes, we do, we had a few teething problems, cracked gelcoat between overpod and Cab, which had me really worried, but it was fixed by Continental without a quibble, only other problem was with the Truma Combi 4E, which we find a bit unreliable (so much so, that we ALWAYS carry a convector heater with us....just in case) It just doesn't seem to like running on EHU, it runs on Gas fine, but the Electric side seems to be an afterthought, and it doesn't work very well. (much preferred my Eberspacher Diesel Heater/boiler in my old Autocruise !). Other than that it is a very good Van, Ray

Thanks Ray , nice to see all the familiar people are still here .

I looked on Cranham the dealings I have had with them in the past were not excellent but, that was years ago so maybe they have changed since then .

It would be logical to use them ours was bought from Elite in Banbury which is just too far although they have been good with us .

I think I will take a wobble up to brownhills just to mosey around and maybe order it from Cranham only because once again its to far when things go wrong . Cranham are not stocking the model I want to see also will probably call Autotrail to see if they will be exhibiting the Dakota at the NEC .

Cheers Ray

rolandrat - 2016-01-03 8:48 PM

Just to add Michele, there are new consumer laws out now so the dealers will be on their toes.

Oh wouldn't it be Utopia if that turned out to be true!

Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware - is just as important now as ever it was as I believe that nothing will ever persuade the rogues to change their ways - least of all a few convictions.

Michele,

Are any of these any good for at least looking at the pictures?

http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/makemodel/make/auto-trail/model/dakota-automatic/model/dakota-lo-line/model/dakota-sll/model/dakota-super-low-line/model/dakota-se/model/dakota-frontier/model/dakota/search?sort=PriceDesc&locationName=KING%27S%20LYNN&latitude=52.6740951538&longitude=0.3606017853&postcode=PE34%203BT

Hi Michelle

nice to see you back again. I think you will be looking for the Dinette or 1/2 Dinette options for the children ? Most dealer will have the 2 opposing bench seat (standard) versions in stock (as you can see it the link Tracker posted) I think whichever dealer you select would have to place a "factory order" for either dinette option.

Archived