Hello

michele

michele - 2016-01-03 11:39 AM

Happy belated New Year , I hope your still all well and arguing good as ever , boy Ive missed it lol...x

Hi Michele - and happy new year to you.

Nope - nothing much has changed - still a number of people who " talk " but don't " listen ".

( ...... and, I suspect, loads of people who are " listening " but never taking a chance on " talking" ).

All the best.

;-)

Yes, Im back need to pick ya brains lol... Fancy me one of them Dakota jobbies ..Cranham aint got them in stock thats the dealership that showing for Autotrail.. Would like to really buy my old Bessie back brandnew of course , seems they dont make them any more . Tried swift but still cant see my old one . Any ideas guys .. Also instead of a big dish oyster was thinking of one of them Snipes tiny thing . Does anyone know about the map range for them and if they are any good ?.

Missed you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Keith ...Good one have thought of that . I actually want to see in the flesh a Dakota with or as a 6 berth . No reason other than Im a bit think and a visual thinker . Hubby & you guys seem to be better at getting out of one model into another and visualising what it looks like etc etc . I cant I have to see it .

I was thinking of asking them what they are taking , have tried the nearest Dealership but they only stock the Savanna so no good for me as I said I cant imagine , have to see it .Not sure whom Id contact and was hoping to avoid a trip to Brummy only because as per usual i have the children to think of and its not easy as you know to cart 3 disabled kids with me..And Brian before you ask nope no kids no more on hols with us this model will be the last & its just for him & me. We will do any other holidays in the folding trailer tent with the children from now on.. the only other one that I may be remotely interetsed in is the island bed autotrail. Again any ideas lads & ladies , it dont have to be autotrail its just thats all we have seen so far .

Hi Michele, and happy New Year, my, how we have missed your gentle humour on this forum and I for one really hope that you are back to stay this time.

Most of the nasties have gone and the forum is a much nicer, if a bit dull at times, place these days as we now 'discuss' instead of 'argue'!

Given all the problems you had with your Autotrail I am amazed that you still consider them as viable, but maybe your loyalty can be put to good use if you can contact someone at AT head office who helped you last time to see if they can help locate a van for you - or maybe even bring one down to show you given your circumstances - I'm sure they will remember you - how could they ever forget you!

We're now living in Evesham and although it seems unlikely, if we can be of any help you only have to shout.

Happy hunting!

Ah, how swwet of you Rich xxx Missed you guys tremedously just dont seem to get the time but I will make some . Autotrail not overly impressed its never done what they told me it would do haha heres me thinking that they are all much of much out there.

The damm thing still wont get hot the blown air as always I could fart hotter as a matter of fact I still hang a duvet under the top bed right down the cab to try and keep the heat in and find we take to our beds just to keep warm...haha whats new. Would love to go back to Bessie but as I said they aint made anymore .. Hubby likes the big garage for his bikes . On Bessie we had a locker that slid clean under the floor the whole width of the camper wouldnt mind finding this again if we cant have the garage as have to take the table and chairs . We are looking for two long bench seats in the lounge I quite like the bathroom at the back of the unit , I love a fixed bed .. Hubby likes the garage for his bikes he dont mind transverse beds . He is willing to forgo that lot for me but must be able to get a bike rack or under storage locker .. WE have looked on the internet at Swift , Nothing ! Bessie they dont make our old models . Looked at the Bailey approach & autograph , nothing there for us ... whats next ?

Does it have to be new Michele?

There is a good case to be made for buying a year old, or thereabouts, van - most of the issues from new should be well sorted, it'll still have two years of makers warranty and best of all it should save you a few quid?

Guest pelmetman
michele - 2016-01-03 4:26 PM

Rich I get the tax off for Freddie ..and make me wonder why people buy a van and get rid after one year ..

Yep puzzles me too :D ............

Sounds to me like your old Bessie is the answer, you know it suited you ;-) ..........

Hi Maggyd , hi to you all , sorry not ignoring you just busy with the children.

When I said my old van I just meant a new one of them Bessies I didnt actually mean I wanted to find and buy back my old van. Hubbys interested in the Rapido 9005 two single beds I like to lounge I hate the front of it so I would have to be able to lay and read a book. Im interested in the fixed bed Autotrail Dakota so far ..Anyway a trip to Brownhills is on teh cards for this saturday may as well as its just as far to Elite in banbury Oxforshire.. catch you all later tonight x

• 4 weeks later...

Archived