truma water/heating

mike hallum

Dibsy - 2016-01-22 5:14 PM

You've not forgotten to take the outside vent cover off have you? (Only asking as I made this mistake myself!)

Didn't know the Truma boiler had an outside vent cover - mine doesn't. Mine has an external vent but no sign of a cover.

Is it the new style CP Plus control panel - any error codes showing up?

Also, note that if heating is on, but water is on 'boost' it wont heat the van, it will just heat the water - apparently until there is a 10deg temp differential between demanded and actual temp so I read somewhere.

On mine, 'boost' makes a fan run while its lighting up, then this fan stops. NB, this is a different fan to the blown air fan, I believe its something to do with the exhaust.

This is on a combi 6

Nigel

Robbo - 2016-01-22 5:49 PM

You've not forgotten to take the outside vent cover off have you? (Only asking as I made this mistake myself!)

Didn't know the Truma boiler had an outside vent cover - mine doesn't. Mine has an external vent but no sign of a cover.

I think mine has, or at least that's what the man I bought it from told me it was!

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum,

Are you using Propane or Butane? If Butane then have a read of this recent thread... http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/truma-c-combi-boiler-problems/40611/

PS It would help forum members to answer your query if you could include your MH Make, model and year and also the model of the Truma heater you are having trouble with.

Keith.

The first thing is to establish which Truma heater it is. Next what error messages are showing.

Although my first thought was maybe it's set low and reaching temp, or maybe like mine started to fire up then shut down due to a poor conection, but this was at max 1 minute proboly a lot less.

Dibsy - 2016-01-22 6:50 PM

Robbo - 2016-01-22 5:49 PM

I think mine has, or at least that's what the man I bought it from told me it was!

Truma “Ultrastore” water-boilers have a cover to protect the boiler’s external ‘flue’ and this cover must be removed before the boiler is operated on gas.

Truma ‘combination’ air/water heaters (Trumatic C-Series or the current “Combi” appliances) do not have a cover for their ‘flue’.

Mike’s original posting (Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Mike) mentions a fan running, which strongly suggests that his heater is either a Trumatic-C or a “Combi”.

The problem apparently occurs when gas-fuelled blown-air operation is selected, but as there are significant differences between Trumatic-C and “Combi” appliances (with the latter having a fairly comprehensive diagnostic ‘error message’ capability and the former not), as has been emphasised, it needs to be confirmed which model of Truma heater is involved (and knowing the make, model and year of motorhome could also be worthwhile).

Archived