please complete your profile

Randonneur

Randonneur - 2016-02-08 5:06 PM

I mentioned this a few years ago. When a member posts a question it always helps if we know the make and model of your motorhome. This can be done in Forums Control Panel. Posters will generally get quicker answers. Thanks.

Also helps to give an area/county where they live. as no good recommending garages etc, in Devon say, when the poster lives in Scotland

PJay

When a member posts a question it always helps if we know the make and model of your motorhome.

And the YEAR!!!

For example AutoTrail have used the name Tracker for at least the last 10 years so how many models of F!at could they have been built on?

Keith.

Keithl - 2016-02-08 7:37 PM

When a member posts a question it always helps if we know the make and model of your motorhome.

And the YEAR!!!

For example AutoTrail have used the name Tracker for at least the last 10 years so how many models of F!at could they have been built on?

Keith.

Agreed, just realised our year wasn't on.

michele - 2016-02-08 8:50 PM

You know what . I can't it won't let me alter it will ot let me put in my location . Cant seem to find a button that allows me to update it , is it me

It's the 3rd line down just above email address (in Forums control panel)

michele - 2016-02-08 8:50 PM

You know what . I can't it won't let me alter it will ot let me put in my location . Cant seem to find a button that allows me to update it , is it me

Michele

I haven’t updated my Profile for a long time, but (if I remember correctly) entering information in the Location ‘box’ now seems to work differently (and oddly) from how it used to.

I deleted the existing information in my Profile’s Location box and replaced the information adding my present motorhome’s details.

I then clicked on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the Control Panel’s “Edit your profile” section and received a response that my Profile had been updated successfully.

Having returned to the forum it was apparent that the information I had just put into the Location box was showing up on all my forum postings.

However, when I clicked on the "Forums Control Panel” button again and went back into my Profile, the Location box still contained the information that was there BEFORE I updated it.

Assuming that what is happening in my case will happen to everybody else, the situation seems to be that the information showing in the Location box in a forum-member’s Profile has become ‘fixed’ at some point in the past.

It is clearly possible to go into the Control Panel and change the information in the Location box, and it is evident that the changed information will appear on one’s postings, but the changes do not seem to ‘hold’ in the Profile’s Location box.

I suggest you do as follows:

1: Click on the "Forums Control Panel” button.

2: Delete everything in the Location box.

3: Type into the Location box what you want to appear on your postings.

4: Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the Control Panel’s “Edit your profile” section (which should produce a message that your Profile has been updated successfully).

5: Look at one of your postings to check that the Location part of it now carries the information you want.

........................................................................................................................................

(This is the now-out-of-date 2007 thread that began all this)

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/WHAT-ARE-THE-VEHICLE-DETAILS-/8118/

Archived