Copy camper key options

Curtisden

My question concerns acquiring a spare key for my new Citroen 2015 Relay Camper.

My new storage compound requires a key is retained in case of fire so they can move the van?

On enquiring a Citroen key would be in excess of £300?

Has anyone found a way of getting a spare key for such a new van?

Any advice appreciated.

Peter

Alanb - 2016-02-08 10:34 PM

Some branches of Timpsons can copy chipped keys.

Contributors to this forum have reported on successful copies being obtained via this route.

Thanks yes tried that route and they said new vans can not be cloned yet?

Peter

A couple of years ago when I needed a key cut for a 2011 van the local Fiat garage quoted about £300, this was queried by several people as it is believed the cost for a single non remote key should be around £120, maybe a question to Citroen UK to see if the wrong price is listed.

Timpsons did ours for £40 so £300 seems excessive.

colin - 2016-02-09 8:31 AM

A couple of years ago when I needed a key cut for a 2011 van the local Fiat garage quoted about £300, this was queried by several people as it is believed the cost for a single non remote key should be around £120, maybe a question to Citroen UK to see if the wrong price is listed.

The important thing here is 2011 not 2015.

Seems the technology has changed and they as yet have not got the clone key structure sorted.

Peter

Curtisden - 2016-02-09 8:42 AM

colin - 2016-02-09 8:31 AM

The important thing here is 2011 not 2015.

Seems the technology has changed and they as yet have not got the clone key structure sorted.

Peter

Yes with regards to Timpsons, but not with the price, in fact if we had taken our key to Timpsons just a few months prior they would not have been able to do it, for exactly the same reasons they now can't do yours.

Archived