Fiat Ducato Deliveries

Palinges

If it is a LWB van you are waiting for then this was discussed recently...

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Euro6-Ducato/40229/

And a quote from Euroserv's (Nick's) posting of 1 February 2016 1:16 PM

"Last week we were informed that there are serious delays with production of current long wheelbase vans and chassis due to a paint plant failure and that the delays will be so great that the prices for these vehicles are increasing by £900 from today and that when they arrive they will be Euro6"

Does this answer your query?

Keith.

Thanks for this. I saw the previous post, but since then I have also heard that the engines will be Euro 5+ until about September of this yea, but nothing about actual delivery datesr. Surely we cannot be waiting until then for a van!

We ordered a new Ducato LWB van last October, with an expected delivery by the converter in Feb or March just gone. Now being told that final delivery "may be" August or September, but I'm not holding my breath, since I have no idea how quickly or otherwise production might re-start and how long is the backlog of orders.

The converter told me a few weeks ago that their latest update from Fiat on outstanding orders showed our van having an expected build date in April. They also say that they have a number of outstanding orders, including ours, which Fiat have stated will be Euro 5+ as ordered. This seems to contradict Nick's earlier post. We shall see...

We ordered a LWB Ducato X290 based PVC on 20 October, and at the time were advised late March or early April for delivery.

However, within a week of placing the order word came back that it would be a May build and did we wish to wait until then. We said we would.

We have not heard anything further since then, but hoping we might take delivery by the end of May.

In view of the Fiat paint shop problems, I guess I should be seeking further clarification concerning whether our conversion is still on schedule.

I shall be disappointed if we can't get it in time for plenty of summer use this year.

I don't understand this one. If it was ordered from the factory in November it would have been produced before the end of January unless there was something very peculiar about the spec. The problems with the paint plant (if indeed this is true; I have my doubts) did not flare up until February. We were told then that everything already in production was going to come through as normal; and it has, but any new orders would take 22 to 26 weeks instead of the normal 13 weeks. The consensus is now that these vehicles may come through before the summer with Euro 5 engines or may be delayed further and get Euro 6.

I have to ask myself (because nobody else is listening) how long it could possibly take to fix a paint plant? I also wonder why Fiat would wait so long to introduce Euro 6 on Ducato when to do so would give them a major commercial advantage, being the only maker to be going without Ad-Blue.

UK Dealers are saying nothing because neither they or Fiat UK appear to know anything. They will learn at about the same time as we do; probably from a German magazine article!

I this case, i would seriously question whether the order was placed at all. I would hazard a guess that they needed another order or two at the same time and can only order in batches.

Archived