Memory tip

candapack

I am forever misplacing my spectacles. Recently, I have started saying, out loud, "I am putting my glasses on the hall sideboard/bedside chest/dining table"

And it works. I can always remember where I left them now.

One less thing to worry about. :-D

candapack - 2016-04-22 3:26 PMI am forever misplacing my spectacles. Recently, I have started saying, out loud, "I am putting my glasses on the hall sideboard/bedside chest/dining table"And it works. I can always remember where I left them now.One less thing to worry about. :-D

What happens when you put them on the bench in the shed?

laimeduck - 2016-04-22 5:50 PM
candapack - 2016-04-22 3:26 PMI am forever misplacing my spectacles. Recently, I have started saying, out loud, "I am putting my glasses on the hall sideboard/bedside chest/dining table"And it works. I can always remember where I left them now.One less thing to worry about. :-D

What happens when you put them on the bench in the shed?
No idea, but I expect I would say - "I'm putting my glasses on the bench in the shed", and when I wanted them, I'd know where they were. It's worked so far. :-D

W3526602 - 2016-04-22 9:31 PM

Hi,

How do you remember to tell yourself where you are putting your specs?

That is a potential flaw in the system. BUT, if I forget to tell myself, I have trouble finding my specs later, thus proving it works.

:-D

So....what happens when you put your keys on the fridge, specs on the sideboard, wallet in the kitchen drawer, loose change on the dressing table? You must be talking to yourself for an hour or two before going round the house looking for things! (Same as you did before?)

In all seriousness, I try to put individual things in the same place every time. If I don't, I tend to lose them .... and end up talking to myself alot (but not very politely!)

laimeduck - 2016-04-23 8:03 AMSo....what happens when you put your keys on the fridge, specs on the sideboard, wallet in the kitchen drawer, loose change on the dressing table? You must be talking to yourself for an hour or two before going round the house looking for things! (Same as you did before?)

In all seriousness, I try to put individual things in the same place every time. If I don't, I tend to lose them .... and end up talking to myself alot (but not very politely!)

I never have a problem with wallet, keys etc. They all have just the one "place" where each of them goes.The same doesn't apply to spectacles, which can get left anywhere in the house, garage or van.As for talking to myself, I got a dog. Doesn't fool anyone, but I can pretend I'm talking to it. :D

This is a serious problem that is common even here. My solution is a shoulder bag with wallet, mobile phone, glasses,keys,a small tape measure and a comb ( yes still a little left). I leave a pair of specs down stairs, upstairs in the study, another in the car door and one in the MH. Specs are cheap when you buy bulk from China. Then all I need to remember is where I am and what I was surposed to be doing!! Cheers,

Nowadays I spend a lot of time pondering about the question, why am I here? What of the Hereafter?

I go upstairs for something, and stand scratching my head, thinking why am I here?

What am I here after?

Funny thing is, I can remember as soon as I get downstairs again.

Sorry I'll get my coat. (^)

pkc - 2016-04-24 7:30 PM

Nowadays I spend a lot of time pondering about the question, why am I here? What of the Hereafter?

I go upstairs for something, and stand scratching my head, thinking why am I here?

What am I here after?

Ah, but where's your coat? Now, if you had taken off your coat, then said (out loud mind) "I am putting my coat (eg) on top of my wife's knitting on the sofa", then you'd know exactly where it was.

Or at least where it had been until said wife had spent some time looking for her knitting.

You should encourage her to use this memory tip, then she won't hide your coat any more. :D

Geeco - 2016-04-24 12:36 AM

This is a serious problem that is common even here. My solution is a shoulder bag with wallet, mobile phone, glasses,keys,a small tape measure and a comb ( yes still a little left). I leave a pair of specs down stairs, upstairs in the study, another in the car door and one in the MH. Specs are cheap when you buy bulk from China. Then all I need to remember is where I am and what I was surposed to be doing!! Cheers,

And what if you can't remember where your shoulder bag is/was?

I agree re the number of pairs of specs. Luckily, so far I only need cheap non-prescription specs, I probably have 10 pairs or more all over the place.

So how is it sometimes I can't find any of them?

Hmmmmm, now I think about it, I am always finding childrens toys at the top of the stairs. Our only child left home years ago.

And wife wants to downsize to a titchy VW camper.

:-(

candapack - 2016-04-24 8:42 PM
Geeco - 2016-04-24 12:36 AMThis is a serious problem that is common even here. My solution is a shoulder bag with wallet, mobile phone, glasses,keys,a small tape measure and a comb ( yes still a little left). I leave a pair of specs down stairs, upstairs in the study, another in the car door and one in the MH. Specs are cheap when you buy bulk from China. Then all I need to remember is where I am and what I was surposed to be doing!! Cheers,
And what if you can't remember where your shoulder bag is/was?I agree re the number of pairs of specs. Luckily, so far I only need cheap non-prescription specs, I probably have 10 pairs or more all over the place.So how is it sometimes I can't find any of them?Hmmmmm, now I think about it, I am always finding childrens toys at the top of the stairs. Our only child left home years ago.And wife wants to downsize to a titchy VW camper. :-(

Strewth ..... you have stairs in a VW Camper?

candapack - 2016-04-24 8:00 PM

pkc - 2016-04-24 7:30 PM

What am I here after?

Ah, but where's your coat? Now, if you had taken off your coat, then said (out loud mind) "I am putting my coat (eg) on top of my wife's knitting on the sofa", then you'd know exactly where it was.

Or at least where it had been until said wife had spent some time looking for her knitting.

You should encourage her to use this memory tip, then she won't hide your coat any more. :D

Chris it works!

Wait a minute?

Why am I wearing a half knitted cardigan?

Specs no problem. two parking places. Bedside cabinet top when in bed. If up, on nose. They are difficult to miss there.

All other items anywhere. The exercise looking for them keeps me fit for the next search. Current search the 'van keys. now in third day. I have to sign out Vals spare set if I need to go to the van- most inconvenient.

Archived