Fiat Ducato X250 engine cutting out?

steve101

The simple answer, and you kind of have to take my word for this; is that there is nothing better.

If motorhomes were more commonly based on other platforms this forum would be full of electrical faults, oil cooler problems, water pump failures, insanely difficult brake repairs, crank pulleys falling off and internal engine failures at amazingly low mileages.

That is why i stick with Fiat; lord knows it's nothing to do with price!

All modern vehicles are far too complicated, and most could be better designed to prevent failures or at least make them easier to diagnose and repair. I don't think warranties on new vehicles are long enough.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, I truly respect and accept what you say. I am used to the incredibly high mileage and hard use that our fleet of chauffeur cars used to turn in year after year, with nothing more than regular servicing and decent drivers. They were mostly Mercedes, Audi, and Jaguar, with the occasional Peugeot 605 or Skoda Superb, but breakdowns were almost unheard of, and most of the cars were sold when the mileage reached 200,000 miles, about 3 to 4 years. BMW's were not popular.

AGD

Well today the injector was swapped out for a new Iveco one, which was half the price of the Fiat one and coded to the vehicle.

I have done a good 40 miles test drive this evening and the fault has gone.

RESULT - Faulty injector.

I now intend to send the old one of for refurb should I need another one any time soon.

Thank to everyone for their input and interest it has been appreciated!

steve101

Fantastic that's great news thanks for sharing the outcome.

I'm surprised that such a noticeable power drop, after watching your video clip, was caused by just one injector, learn something new every day. :-D

Graham

I am very pleased for you that everything seems to be OK now. Please let us know the report on your old injector. There has to be something considerably worse wrong with it than just excessive back-leak. That on it's own could not cause the symptoms that you observed.

N

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I sent off my injector to Diesel Bob.

He has tried many things to recondition the injector but with no luck. He believes there could be an internal crack in the injector.

The only thing it is good for now is a paperweight!

Thanks for that. It's very reassuring to know that the 'rules' regarding injector faults are alive and well. It's very unfortunate that you had this problem but i should point out that over 100's of vehicles and millions of miles; I have only ever had one injector failure on a Fiat Ducato 2.3. Yours should be an isolated problem.

N

Archived